Airport CEO Alpha 34 released (The R&D Update)

Are you sure you are using the correct type? ULD loaders can only service large aircraft.

1 Like

The more expensive fuel truck (not sure if that is the Maverick or Fjord one) has a significantly higher pumping speed than the cheap one.

Thanks! That indeed was what I did wrong. I’m blaming tiredness - playing after a week of long hours at work! I’ll pay more attention next time! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow remote stands are horrible. I have to redesign my airport and completely ignore remote stands.

What is up with the plane taxi system? One plane has to hold short at the runway after landing just for a plane to come all the way from the apron to came a pass by? Smh

1 Like

If you tell us the problem a bit more detailled, we may can help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, what @OKChris says, maybe they are the big ones.
Some vehicles (Belt Loaders and baggage carts) are difficult to distinguish. The type should be displayed on the vehicle properties card

Hi all,

We’re back from a refreshing weekend with a new round of updates. We’re waiting on a few more things to click before a default deployment but will until then of course continue to deploy bug fixes, so more updates on the default release in this week’s dev blog.

Here’s the patch notes for Alpha 34.3-1:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 34.3-1

Bug

• [ACEO-19885] - Business descriptions not localized
  • [ACEO-21699] - ATR models' airside shuttle bus incorrectly placed
  • [ACEO-21798] - Passengers waiting for non-existing baggage can dead-lock while standing by conveyor belts for baggage appearance
  • [ACEO-22074] - Tutorial doesn't instruct on completing R&D project "Jet A1 fuel" before it's required
  • [ACEO-22075] - Choosing a new R&D project doesn't correctly deactivate (+/-) buttons
  • [ACEO-22090] - Minus-signs missing in budget overview
  • [ACEO-22091] - Employee job task dropdown filter unnecessarily shortens text.
  • [ACEO-22113] - All 4 de-icing trucks are in use on large de-icing pad when de-icing small aircraft
  • [ACEO-22115] - Staff hiring leads to switching from applicants to staff view
  • [ACEO-22133] - Employee counter in main panel can get stuck at "1"
8 Likes

Bug ACEO-22174 REPORTED

Thanks for fixing my bug report. :slight_smile:

[ACEO-21798 ] - Passengers waiting for non-existing baggage can dead-lock while standing by conveyor belts for baggage appearance

2 Likes

I love the use of email in the update - that makes it useful now. I really like the economy and activity reports. However, when adding up the lines in income, they do not add up to the total amount of income listed. The same for expenditures. It also looks like net income with construction and without are reversed. I’ve filed a bug report for this but wondered if anybody else has seen this and can figure out where the problem is?

2 Likes

Good evening once again! Alpha 34.3-2 brings some more fixes to the R&D system and some other aspects of balancing. We’re targeting a default release of Alpha 34 very, very soon as Alpha 33 is heavily outdated with many important bug fixes residing in Alpha 34.

More information will follow tomorrow together with this week’s dev blog!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 34.3-2

Bug

• [ACEO-21596] - Incorrect vehicle spawning balance can cause passengers to pile up at transit structures
  • [ACEO-22080] - Saving game by double click not working
  • [ACEO-22124] - No unlocking info is showing in completed projects panel
  • [ACEO-22125] - Notification of forced go-around during night doesn't inform about R&D project advanced runway lighting
  • [ACEO-22156] - Franchising R&D projects don't inform you about the hired strategy director requirement
  • [ACEO-22175] - Passengers in certain cases only rely on one boarding desk despite multiple being available
  • [ACEO-22196] - Unlock new area hover says "{0} to unlock"
12 Likes

We’re still seeing a few reports on overlapping flights caused by the auto-scheduler but have been able to reproduce the issue, we’d really appreciate if anyone who’s managed to cause this bug as of the more recent 34 versions would let us know here.

2 Likes

Recently, but still back in 34.3-1 I experienced an issue of security staff not changing their shifts and newly hired security staff not being able to find their way into the secure zone, where I’ve built the staff room for them right next to the security checkpoints.

I lost a few in-game hours of decreased security performance because of tired and in need to go to toilet security officers continuously working, while trying to fix the issue by re-zoning, changing allowed staff types in staff rooms, hiring an excess of security staff, disabling and re-enabling security checkpoints.

I wanted to report the problem after resuming the game later yesterday, but relaunching the game and loading the save solved the issue. I’m reporting it here just in case it’s something that might be reproduced after a while of playing, as my reporting from game at this moment won’t do anything, since it started working fine after reloading the save.

I think I had something like that once when I scheduled a flight where the departure was exact midnight. After confirming it jumped somewhere else. I will try that again tonight.

1 Like

What do you guys think if baggage claim area is moved inside the secure are? At all airports afaik the claim area is situated before leaving the airport secure area.

1 Like

May wait what comes in A35 when we hopefully see passport control.

Currently it’s simulating only domestic airports where claims can be in public zones. So it’s not wrong.

/edit:
Sorry I wrote it a bit wrong above: actually baggage claim is always in non secured area (after security exit or passport control)
But what is misssing is the customs check which is between baggage claim and arrival hall of international terminals.

2 Likes

Well until now in all airports that I’ve been the exit from claim area is one way, you can only acces that area by passing a security check.

We had a longer discussion about that in Airport CEO Alpha 33 released (The Big Bird Update) some time ago.
I remember it turned out that there are examples for baggage claim areas everywhere.

So I think it should be possible to place them everywhere in ACEO and remove the restriction to place them in insecure areas.

ACEO-22242 I’m seeing a lot of path issues after trying to place down zoning. The issue won’t occur when I first start the game. It will only occur when I start to place down new zoning areas.