Airport CEO Alpha 34 released (The R&D Update)

Guys, I somehow managed to break the game. It looks like I threw a nuclear bomb into that middle area :smiley:

ACEO-21947

2 Likes

Mass removal of taxiway seems to do that too.

Yeah, the disappearing objects bug has our fullest attention right now. Weā€™d like to hear from those whoā€™ve managed to recreate it. What happened? How did you build? Did something unexpected happen apart from the issue itself?

2 Likes

I was in non-simulating construction mode and removed a lot of taxiway. Then at other spots other taxiway parts disappeared too.

I will send a report with an example later.

I was in non-simulating construction mode

Ahhh yeah. I also disabled ā€œsimulate constructionā€ and ā€œsimulate materialā€.

1 Like

btw. is there a dev blog today?

btw. is there a dev blog today?

Devblogs are bi-weekly published. So next one will be in the next week.

3 Likes

So as you were removing taxiway from one position, other taxiways were randomly deleted too? This happened live during the demolition process?

But you saved normally and then once booting up again the save was distorted like that?

Correct. And when I try to fix those holes, the next part somewhere random disappears.

But you saved normally and then once booting up again the save was distorted like that?

Correct. I saved normally but when I load the save, I saw that mess. By the way I didnā€™t start the game by regular way on Steam. I started it with Nvidia GPU instead of CPU.

ive downloaded the latest build and I still canā€™t schedual flights, is there something I need to do to get it back?

@Olof I made you a fresh example in ACEO-21964

1 Like

Thank you, we will investigate it. If anyone else stumbles upon the issue or has more details to share please do. This issue does not occur in Alpha 33 which means that itā€™s related to some change in Alpha 34 and even though we have a few suspects weā€™d appreciate any input youā€™d might have!

1 Like

I had this issue, but not in such a scale. Recently loaded a save and found some walls and a stair disappear. Running the game with all simulation running.

That being said this is not a fresh save, itā€™s fresh out of Big Bird (I think).

qq with the selecting an airline to a stand. can you have multiple to a stand?

you can just not select an airline then any airline can use the standā€¦

no i mean that say i want southwest and west jet and another special southwest set to a stand but no other airlines can

Iā€™ve run into a bug where passengers only use two of the four available cashiers in a restaurant. This doesnā€™t seem to affect shops, for whatever reason, as all four my shop cashiers are still being utilized. It creates really long lines for my restaurant staff, however.

Hereā€™s the example:

You can see the long queue that has built up for the cashiers on the left (which actually extends into the above shop). Meanwhile, the cashiers on the right are ignored.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s an idea - we should be able to reschedule enroute flights to a different stand, as long as the time is the same. Currently enroute flights can only be canceled along with a penalty to ratings.

2 Likes

i agree