Airport CEO Alpha 33 released (The Big Bird Update)

Devblog is every 2 weeks, so expectation is next week for a new devblog

The last one was 2 weeks ago. It was delayed to later in the week but still

Hello again everyone, we are back from the weekend! Very exciting to read all of your discussion and as per usual we are thankful for all the bug reports you’re submitting. Alpha 33.5-1 won’t make it to the default branch but we hope that 33.5-2 will (tomorrow).

Alpha 33.5-2 is now available on the experimental branch:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 33.5-2

Bug

• [ACEO-18887] - Catering truck in rare cases deserialized with wrong rotation when loading meals on aircraft
  • [ACEO-19195] - Paint brush description typo
  • [ACEO-19214] - Aircraft turnaround process can deadlock if boarding and remote deboarding or remote boarding is not executed correctly
  • [ACEO-19222] - Inspection button on notification container does not zoom properly when game speed is paused
  • [ACEO-19231] - Uncaught NullReferenceException can cause passengers in rare instances to get stuck

Our ambitions is to publish a dev blog late this evening! :slight_smile: The weeks do fly by…

Edit: Delaying until tomorrow!

9 Likes

Hi, totally agree with you devs doing a great job and if i’m expressing myself in a strong way, it’s never intend personally to the devs but to the situation… :wink:

2 Likes

It can indeed be frustrating sometimes if things are not working as expected, but please keep it civil and only use strong language in your head and not in writing :wink::blush: Hope you enjoy the game anyways, happy flights!

4 Likes

re: wall removes zoning. I think so. When you build a wall it removes the zoning under it. i think this is necessary so you can have a wall separate two different secure areas, each with their own security entrance and exit.

2 Likes

This is one rare sight!
https://prnt.sc/pvnss4

6 Likes

Dev’s anything on my bug report about naming the airport and atuff?

Potentially stupid question - how do you cancel airline contracts? Every time I’ve tried It refuses to let me do it because there are active flights. There aren’t any for the contract I’m cancelling, but still getting that error.

New version rolling out! We deemed the queue point anchor bug to be too serious for the default branch so we’re postponing the default release until later this evening.

Here are the patch notes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 33.5-3

Bug

• [ACEO-19045] - Enable fetching of attempted loaded save when a serialization problem occurs
  • [ACEO-19049] - Discrepancy between main interaction panel day and flight planner day
  • [ACEO-19138] - Queue anchor point can in rare instance spawn at different floor than desk
  • [ACEO-19259] - Weather station and airport utility building can be built below terminal
5 Likes

No, we have no other bug reports on that so it is not prioritized.

Are you sure? The system only blocks cancellations if there’s an aircraft incoming, parked or departing. If there’s any physical representation of that contract in the world, i.e. an aircraft, cancellation is not possible.

Pretty sure, yes…

Addendum : These are the only contracts I can’t cancel.

What about on days plus the current?

No further flights on the schedule. I basically turned off the auto scheduler and fast forwarded to a point where there were no more flights.

I think you need to bug report it then.

Just a thought, with the big birds I have 4 ramp agents running round the stand not doing a great deal. Once the service round is done which doesn’t really take that long they just potter around having a chat.

Are there any other jobs they can do? Or can we reduce the number needed?

So you mean they don’t clear out after the service round is completed? It might be a bug and that they are waiting until all ULD transfer is completed, can you confirm that?

Are we meant to be able to Build Bus Bording shuttle bus stops underground? Just I have some on Level -1 with road connections and all correct zones but for some reason passengers can’t find it, zones are correct staff can find it fine, Is it potentialy becuase its directly below the terminal above (you can see the green outlines of the pas waiting above), thats where passengers are going and waiting, then showing the can’t find path symbol when bording time comes.

Yes, they can be built underground. I think I need to look at your save to be understand what is going on, can you bug report it?

I have bug reported it