Airport CEO Alpha 31 released (The Multi-floor Update)

Can someone tell me how long it takes for an update to be available for download on Steam?

Can someone tell me how long it takes for an update to be available for download on Steam?

Uhh… Multifloor update is already on Steam default branch.

Yes. I know. I’m on 31.6-2. I was asking about Alpha 32.6-5.

Alpha 32.6-5 is on experimental branch and you can switch to experimental by changing your beta settings on Steam. You can find more information on forum.

When developers fix bugs and think that 32.x.x is ready for public, they will release it.

Ohh. Sorry! :sweat_smile: I thought 32.6-5 was meant for the public branch.

1 Like

The experimental branch is public too. Everyone is free to enjoy it! Although you have to keep in mind that it’s usually less stable than the default branch and thus may still contain (game-breaking) bugs.

Step by step instructions on how to play on the experimental branch can be found here:

1 Like

Would it be possible to add the planes that have been added into the game to the mod development kit

1 Like

I think they have all been added with the exception of the 1900d

1 Like

I think other things need to be solved first.

1 Like

Hey Guys!
Is there any way to know the status of a bug report submitted by members?? I’ve seen the development board and feature board that include the ones accepted by the devs for investigation. I’m asking about the ones that aren’t on the boards. :thinking:

The devs get a lot of bug reports so not all submitted bug reports are shown on the Trello board. They often merge bugs into one and sometimes also re-write them in their own words covering the reported bugs in one trackable ticket. That way they do not have to keep track of multiple tickets for one issue, but they always keep track of reported bugs one way or the other. Based on the priorities they can decide to leave a fix for a later stage, but that doesn’t mean it’s forgotten. So yes there can be some (sometimes annoying) bugs, but if they are not game breaking and solvable with a S&R (especially on experimental, it’s called that for a reason :wink: ) for example or another workaround, then it can be they will get fixed later.

1 Like

@ilios21 No. I asked about that a couple years ago. To view those, you must purchase a position on Jira. Unlike the free bug trackers, like Mantiss (very powerful, used by another game developer I’m Senior Beta Tester for), Jira is pay-to-play.

1 Like

Yes correct, at the moment we have around 900 bugs in the backlog. There is simply no way we can process them all one by one. Usually more than 50% are duplicates so we do this by finding all tickets related to the same bug, pick one ticket to be processed and mark the rest as duplicate and archived. These will then not be shown in trello but remain in the system if we ever need to go back. Sometimes a certain save may have experienced a valid bug but It doesn’t show up when testing it. Then we might need to mark it as not reproducible and search for a better report or save.

4 Likes

Yet, we can see the ones marked as ‘duplicate’ or ‘cannot reproduce’ even ‘not a bug’ and ‘wont do’. I believe the question is for the reports never on jira: is every bug that doesnt make it on there kept hidden on purpose for those duplicate-and-other-reasons or could some be lost withouth knowing?

I also believe other tags for ‘insufficient data’ or ‘not understandable’ can have a value as there are many of us often checking the jira to see the status of what we submit, withouth finding them.

1 Like

I understand the amount of work you guys put in and the number of bug reports you get. I was just curious to know what happened to the ones I submitted. :sweat_smile:
Thanks for all the cool updates BTW!

1 Like

If forum members can view the bugs that are scheduled to be fixed in the forthcoming updates, there maybe a lot less duplicates to deal with as members would be able to see that the devs already know. Hence, if I were to submit a report for a bug that is already known, I wouldn’t do it in the first place. I guess priority isn’t determined by the number of similar bug reports that are received. (Please correct me if I’m wrong) :smiley:

1 Like

With the duplicates the devs are able to find a pattern in a bug, sometimes a bug is really obvious and one savegame is enough to spot it. But sometimes it’s really hard to determine where a bug or certain behaviour is coming from, then it really helps if more people than one files the bug. That way then can also determine the severity, how many times people run against it and as said possibly find it ‘easier’. So please keep reporting those bugs and keep an eye on the forum, as they will make a remark if they got enough reports around a certain bug and that they are fixing it. :wink:

3 Likes

Unfortunately there is one more error: I had built a one-story terminal before update 31, with medium sized stands with jetways. After the update, they became stands without jetway, because floor 1 was missing.
I’ve built it now, in a break without a flight on the stands also the update with the jetways plus boarding desk on floor 1. Now I can not destroy the boarding desk on floor 0. I have to close the stand first and that is only possible if there are no flights planned.
That’s illogical: I can build a jetway in a little break of 1 hour, but to rip off a superfluous boarding desk, I have to cancel all the flights for days?

Negative side aspect: departing PAX do not wait on floor 1, but on floor 0 and go to boarding one floor up and board too late.

Hey guys!
Why does gameplay get choppier as I progress? I just started building a new airport and movement is much smoother when compared to my other airport which is about 10-11 years old.

The more passengers, aircraft and baggage are simulated in an airport the heavier it is to simulate it. Or do you mean that you’ve had an airport running for several years of the same size that runns better the first years? If so we’d like to have a look at it through a bug report.

1 Like