Airport CEO Alpha 30 released

Alpha 31 is localization, 32 multiple floors and 33 services, if I remember correctly.

Not to be rude, but you may be incorrect. Alpha 30 is localisation, 31 being multiple floors and 32 being the new turnaround services.

This was in one of the devlogs:

2 Likes

Funny you say this in the alpha 30 thread, wich sais soundtrack update if you read the first post :wink:

Oh, Haha. Thanks very much for correcting me. :smile: I’m the one that needed info. Not anyone else. :laughing:

Things change so the whiteboard image was and is a rough estimation. The localization system and all the new turnaround features are based on the new multiple floor branch (as mentioned in a previous dev blog), therefore they are dependent on a stable release of the multiple floor. Hence, this is how stuff will most likely be deployed:

1. A large release of multiple floor together with the localization system (English and German)…

… which will be thoroughly stabilized. After that, in quick increments after each has been stabilized…

1. Catering
  2. De-icing
  3. Cleaning

This is to be able to concentrate our focus on the topic of the bug reports coming in so that new features are quickly stabilized before we add more complexity. In the end it should result in overall a faster development pace and more qualitative releases.

15 Likes

Thanks for that, after adding a A1 fueltruck to GA depot, everything is working fine at GA refuling… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does the multi-floor idea include an opportunity to have a service road under the second floor?

I second this question :slight_smile:

Yes. You can even have them underground!

2 Likes

Does the multi-floor idea include an opportunity to have a service road under the second floor?

What do you mean by “under the second floor”?

What he means is if you can build a road underneath the second floor of the airport building. I didn’t tested it myself yet but I think someone mentioned it was possible by removing the first floor terminal.

1 Like

Yes, it is possible to build terminal overpasses, i.e. parts of terminal that extends over roads.

6 Likes

Dev blog tonight? The family are away for the long weekend here in the UK so looking forward to putting some hours in, hopefully with new features!

Sorry, no dev blog tonight, we have a quite busy week ahead of us with Nordic Game Conference 2019 here in Malmö and along side that continued internal branch development. We’ll try to write one this week and publish it later but we won’t provide any exact date! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Any news guys, please?

There is one final thing we need to fix before deploying multiple-floor on the experimental version. This “thing” is a visual glitch which has been a bit of a headache for us the latest days, hence the delay. Otherwise it is stable enough for experimental so I would say it is a matter of days. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Amazing news, can’t wait!!

1 Like

Awesome… can’t wait for multiple floors it’s gonna be a game changer :grinning:

1 Like

Perfect! Writing my last exam today so will have some “spare time”! Waiting and ready for that update!

1 Like