Airport CEO Alpha 28.4 released

Is there a way to recover ramp agents stuck out on remote stands?

The power of the back ally is strong… [ACEO-6125]

2 Likes

Still having some service cars be stuck

Lol!! I thought I made sure that wasn’t going to happen… I guess not… :stuck_out_tongue:

Do they remain stuck beyond save and reload? Have you filed a bug report?

2 Likes

25m buses, should not be a problem, is it :stuck_out_tongue:

23-670x386

1 Like

I have two busses completely stuck on service road. They have not moved for the past half-hour and pressing the vehicle nodes button in the debug panel doesn’t help.

Tried saving and reloading @theo747?

Ran 28.1-6 but still see Buses reaching Remote Stand 3 hours behind time, Service Cars completely jammed up at the service car stops, no one loading luggage etc. The buses also always get jammed up at the bus stops.

Sometimes there are ramp agents present but they just keep “jerking around” in front of the baggage loader and don’t actually do anything.

That’s most likely not related to the implementation of remote stands but more likely due to the size of your airport and some lacking logic in other parts of the systems. I.e, I recognize that it causes you issues but it’s probably not immediately related to any broken features of the remote stands but more simply just legacy systems that handle various related behaviors such as job claims, passenger movement and vehicle movement.

The job dispatch system is due for an overhaul after we’re done with the first stage of remote stands, as well as passenger behavior with the purpose of improving the “process performance” of large airports.

This is a know issue that’ll be fixed in today’s update. If you have a save where this happens consistently I’d be very glad to have it to verify the solidity of my solution.

Edit: Am going over and investigating all bug reports inJira related to remote stands and of 28.1-6 today, thanks for those! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Noticed in 28.1-6 that the jetways are not part of the medium stand anymore (as announced), but the price is still 150.000… So we have to invest another 10.000 to get the jetway installed. Both the ‘standard’ medium stand without jetway and an ‘upgraded’ medium stand with a jetway work as expected.

Note: The picture (although very vague) of the remote stand in the buy menu still shows the jetway.

So we have to invest another 10.000 to get the jetway installed.

@Fredrik @Olof make it 100.000$ to add more realism to the game :smiley: It is quite balanced I would say after I read this article:

4 Likes

I was thinking about the way remote stands are done. It would make more sense to put down a Medium Stand and pay to add the jettie instead of taking it away. There could be some addition where passengers walk from the terminal to the stand like they do in my local airport.

We would need a passenger walkway (like a road) but a temporal solution would be a system like the small stands. Where there is a road crossing. And when one adds the jetway, the crossing dissapears.

Just a suggestion. Very nice work Devs! Long awaited feature. Thankyou!

Lol I was just writing about the same thing.

1 Like

Yes i agree. On my opinion the prices should be increased because its too easy to grow your airport.

2 Likes

I kind of agree, but honestly think for the moment it is good, that you can quickly build a new (large) airport to test new features on a „clean“ safe…

And: great work guys I love this game sooooo much!

People can aleays use sandbox or cheat codes to build airport rapidly

1 Like

Medium stands from 28.1-6 ARE now built WITHOUT the jetway, so if you built one now it looks like this

Agree and switch off construction & material simulation in F10 to make it even faster (not cheaper :wink:)

Maybe there should be some exponential factors applied to object prizes when you grow into bigger numbers.

Always good to test things indeed.

1 Like

They don’t remain stuck after reload