Airport CEO Alpha 28.4 released

Would be good to see some one way zones as it doesn’t always work and can cause confusion.

I tested 28.1.5 and I can say that it fixed MOST of the service car related bugs. The only issue left with service car is for some cases, it stuck on apron service car stop. On the stand they work just fine. @Olof tha save was “28.1.4 test” I directly loaded it on 28.1.5

1 Like

it’s exactly the same with me

Not sure if it is related to the mod (European businesses) I use, but the actual Alpha, even with the fix now seems very unstable to me.
The game suddenly stops. If I choose waiting, nothing will ever happen, if I choose stop program, I get a CtD…

same to me

1 Like

That’s great to hear, yes, I had time to fix the stand related bugs however not the service car stop related one (which is next in line to get crushed tomorrow). Did you send me 28.1.4 test via Discord or something? Or via e-mail?

Regarding an unstable build, we’ve recently updated the LTS version of the game engine again and that might be related (we moved from 8f to 10f). Might just downgrade it again for tomorrow’s patch to see if it’s stable. Will post change logs here shortly.

3 Likes

Here’s the changelog for Alpha 28.1-5 (in-game bug reporting should now work again since we have an official release):

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 28.1-5

Bug

• [ACEO-5308] - Taxiway foundation wrong description
  • [ACEO-5410] - Tree can on rare occasions remain on taxiway preventing taxiway path to be placed
  • [ACEO-6051] - Taxiway direction not properly set upon loading a save
  • [ACEO-6071] - Taxiway color different to stand and entries
  • [ACEO-6073] - Service car can in certain instances not check for ramp agent job completion causing stand deadlock
4 Likes

I’ve been playing with the Remote Stands and here are a few problems:

The service cars don’t work properly. I have 4 remote stands and out of them, 2 work ok but even so these two have the ramp agents coming late, taking forever and just freezing and not loading bags etc. Meanwhile the other 2, service cars just pile up at the side of the stands and no one comes out, and the car just freezes there.

Even after the plane leaves

Another bug are people not being sent back to the airport via the shuttles. They just get stuck at the remote stand and can’t get back.

So I thought of an ingenious idea, shut down almost half of the airport, cut through 4 taxiways and ta-da (You can see at the bottom left people moving back to the airport)

After that, everyone cleared and operations resumed.

Until… it happened again, this time with them weirdly crowing at the corner.

Same, thing built the footpath, made it secure,

And crossed a taxiway and shut the runway, and they were back

Some other bugs include the service bus taking forever, baggages not even being loaded at the remote stands. And one thing I do not like is that the bus has to wait for EVERYONE to get on board before leaving the terminal, which is annoying as there are many passengers who are just late and this causes the plane to be delayed.

Nonetheless, thank you devs for your hard work.

2 Likes

Did you send me 28.1.4 test via Discord or something? Or via e-mail?

Via Discord.

@et_han do these photos belong to 28.1.4 or 28.1.5? I suprisingly haven’t had any major issues like stuck apron bus, stuck PAX or game crashes. Maybe because of my game was created on 28.1.4?

1 Like

I had bug with service car on small stands on 28.1.5 version ((

These photos were taken last evening on 28.1.4. I reported those bugs which were then rectified and deployed to 28.1.5.

I haven’t tried out 28.1.5 but I’m looking forward to tonight.

1 Like

Did you send in a bug report with the save? Would love to check it out! :slight_smile:

No, Olaf. In the end I’m broke full airport ) I have flights in Flight Schedule, but no one came to airport and in Flight Monitor no any flights…
I’ll start a new game. If keep it again - i’ll send to you report.

1 Like

I agree, will fix this. :slight_smile:

Like everything else we code the system is very generic and prepared for multiple stair trucks and belt loader trucks. Once we can see that remote stands are truly stable I will look into enabling having two of these service vehicles for large aircraft.

Agree, again here though we want to keep the complexity down as much as possible in the beginning so that we can ensure that we have a stable base. From that point on we can then enable more complex behavior.

Agree! What do you think @Jettuh?

We have identified a critical issue with the multi-threading for aircraft pahtfinding that we believe cause this issue. A fix will be out later today.

Thank you for testing!

Agree, but its either this or to have people say “wait what, now buses leave without boarding everyone”. The best solution is to have some kind of values that you as a CEO can adjust so that passengers simply will have to live by the rules of the airport.

This issue is now fixed.

What version did all of this happen on? 28.1-4 or 28.1-5?

5 Likes

All these happened on 28.1-4 last evening. I will be trying out 28.1-5 in a bit.

All right, that’s great, I think most of your issues are caused by the stalled ramp agents and service cars. You’ll have to wait for 28.1-6 to be free of stalling service cars on the service car stops but it should run a little better than 28.1-4 at least.

A work around to the 28.1-5 service car bug is to only have one car… not ideal but they won’t stall at least… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I tested 28.1.5 and I can say that it fixed MOST of the service car related bugs. The only issue left with service car is for some cases, it stuck on apron service car stop. On the stand they work just fine. @Olof tha save was “28.1.4 test” I directly loaded it on 28.1.5

This issue is now fixed.

Olof what was the cause of it? I am wildly wondering what was the issue :smiley:

Maybe it would be nice to have some small busses for the small stands.

Agree! What do you think @Jettuh?

I wouldn’t disagree to see these busses. But before that we need to have stand assigned vehicles or even vehicle depot assigned stands otherwise system won’t work as “small bus for small stand”

I believe that by default when you build a stand it should not have a jetway.

I agree, will fix this. :slight_smile:

Maybe this should wait multiple floors? So that the issue of “jetway and apron road on same level but somehow vehicle goes under jetway” bug will also be fixed. Also it will be more realistic.

Owerall I can’t wait to test 28.1.6 with brand new save :slight_smile: You guys are amazing.

2 Likes

It was a deadlock between two vehicles as it only occurs when a service car is dropping of ramp agents at a stop and then another service car is occupying the road waiting for the stop to become available. The car on the service stops check for the nearest available road node to become unoccupied, but checks from its own position and not from the position of the service car stop exit point which means that it grabs the node on which the other waiting car is occupying… and that’s how you create a deadlock!

3 Likes

Ohh and Olof you said that service car was supposed to stay on stand until all ramp agent related jobs are completed but on the current version service car is working as taxi service in between stand and car stop due to code complexity.

Do you think it will be fixed before default release? Or it will be fixed in future? Also do you thing it can be extended as “ramp agents and service car stay on stand until pushback is completed”? Because IRL ramp agents have big role on pushback.

Seems like I am having the same problem. Service cars just get stuck at the service car stops and this creates a domino effect. Many aircraft at the remote stands therefore don’t get any ramp agents to load bags and do the checklists at all.

This happens often, but sometimes it the ramp agents do get to the plane to load.

Apart from that, the buses have to wait for everyone to board and because my airport is huge, passengers are always late and it delays the departure by 3 hours every time.