Airport CEO Alpha 25.4 released

I have the same problem.

@Maexken, as I mentioned in my post, queue is over 14,2000

Then, as I said: Hit F10 and look at the statistic, then pause the game. The queue should decline then. Once it hits 0 unpause to 1x speed. Still no one moving?

At times I can also see people standing around, red bubbles above their head, but it only happens if pf-queue is >>0. Just imagine, if a person is generated in the Subway station, it has no path, to generate it’s path first all 14 200 paths of other people/vehicle/aircraft have to be calculated.

Maybe to circumvent this problem, you could lower the # of people on each flight. However I don’t know how fast that will take effect, I believe you will see an effect only with newly generated flights, so that it will take like one ingame week for everything to adjust.

@Maexken, I did as you said. While paused, the queue does not change. Help me to understand; why would the queue decrease if the game is paused??

Especially after reloading, when the queue count is initially high and also throughout the game, the queue count decreases in my game, when paused. This would mean, that all open path requests are dealed with, which obviously isn’t a problem, when the game is paused, as it has nothing else to calculate. Also no new path request are brought up, so a decreasing total amount of queued request is the result.

With my savegame for example I can only play at 3x during the night (1,5x during day), if I don’t reduce the speed during day, the queue steadily rises. If I pause the game can recuperate and I can move on at maximum possible speed.

I only brought my queue count up to a maximum of 500 however, I even then notice persons not moving and waiting for their path. However, after pausing, letting the queue count drop and unpausing everyone not moving before starts to move and the red bubbles clear away.

1 Like

The game should dis-queue on booth, so, timedilate the game back until the queues are processed, same for the spawning contract delay and the rating delay on boot of big airports.

I would join in on the discussion of the queue count but I won’t since I’d like to emphasize that the new system is so fast that there won’t really be any queue count.

Well… unless someone manages to get something like 50k pax requesting queues at once. I’m sure someone will and I will have to eat up this statement… :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking through the recent reports as of now. Might push another hot fix later today depending on report severity.

6 Likes

Sounds promising @Olof! Always nice to have a high bar and try to break things :wink:

Are you guys still on track to release the new pathfinding system by the end of this week for experimental, or will it take a bit longer?

#promises :smiley:

videos or it didn’t happen Olof :smiley:

2 Likes

Just Noticed the new issue. Baggage Unloading in Progress the count 12000+ Strange issue

Can you file a bug report with this save?

We are a bit off track since I caught a pretty bad cold and is just back after a few days of resting. We are working on some minor bugs with the new system and need to implement some final functionally as well as do some more testing. So as soon as this is done we will put it on experimental. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Has the foundation when building changed? I just seem to get brown square now till they are all completed then the building pops into place?

There’s been some QA there, yes. The dirt tiles represent a visual feedback in terms of construction completion! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! Hope you will feel better soon!

1 Like

I wonder when you guys will take the issues under investigation where bags get stucking on the conveyer belt. Entered ticket as well as topic thread but don’t see a working solution @Olof

What is the ticket number?

Can’t find it anymore but here’s a thread link: Bags stuck after security check

All right, can you PM me the e-mail or name you used to submit the bug?

A new hot fix is currently making its way to your computers. Alpha 25.4-4 has the following minor changes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 25.4-4

Bug

• [ACEO-2311] - Quickly rotating a structure in opposite directions can cause the object to become misaligned with the grid
  • [ACEO-2853] - Add person usage direction arrows on certain items to mitigate risk of placing wrongly rotated objects
  • [ACEO-3173] - Structure using light handler have their lights become visible prior to structure completion
  • [ACEO-3655] - Foundation bulldozer not working
  • [ACEO-3658] - Persons leaving the airport can get stuck in a waiting loop if no bus stop is available but subway entrances are
4 Likes

Still broken. Baggage broken. Passengers not moving from Subway broken. Contractors still not working. Passengers still stuck in the restrooms.Pathfinding queue still over 13000. I tried the experiment whereby I hit the PAUSE, supposedly to let queue drop. It doesn’t, of course. Still unclear as to why it would drop when the game is paused.

Maybe 25.5 will fix all the above. Ultimately, once 25.5 is released, I shall begin anew.

if you want a savegame, just use the one I previously submitted.