Airport CEO Alpha 23.5 released

I also noticed something interesting on the performance. I have a descent rig with 14% max gpu usage and below 50% CPU at all times with fairly large airports. However, after about 30 mins performance tanks (no real change in memory usage, or gpu/cpu utilization). From a steady locked 60fps at 3x speed to about 12fps on 2x. Restarting the game gets me back to 60fps - right now I enjoy great framerates if I restart every 20-30mins. Fps decreases gradually everytime and in a similar timeframe. Night and day, and passenger numbers do not really seem to impact the performance as much so something else must be going on. Tried playing around with the tools in the F10 menu but couldnt get it performing again without the restart.

Also zooming as far as possible only adds about 4-5 fps on my rig so i dont think its the rendering.

I know you guys will need more info so please let me know what I can provide to help with troubleshooting and If I should post a bug?

Yes, it’s most likely a memory leak (cause by data build up over time) which is a chapter we’ll look into as we deal with the path finding performance improvement epic (in the coming weeks). We’d like to get your save so that we can run tests, if possible please submit it via the bug reporting function on the website and include that description you just made and we’d be really happy! :heart:

1 Like

+1 to you too. I’d not realised that before. Looked at FPS was 20. Saved and reloaded, back up to 60FPS.

Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply. I will definitely send the save file over. I started a new airport specifically to test when it starts to happen. I noticed that it started after a huge construction phase so maybe its related, or might just be coincidence. Anyways this save game slows down every single time so there is definitely something in there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect, that’s what we need, i.e. saves where we can count on that regular game play reproduces the issue.

Apologies for spamming the forum. Another issue that I also experience on this save is the occasional loss of contextual buttons for objects and items in the game as well as a seperate intances where nothing in the map is clickable anymore but the main menu and side menu etc still displays and is interactible. Not sure if this is a known issue but it happened in this save quite a number of times. Restarting also fixed this issue but it was not directly linked to the performance issue mentioned before as far as I could tell.

1 Like

So I had a weird issue… I loaded up my airport Yesterday, and for some reason my check-in staff and franchise staff were not going to their posts. A full five plane’s worth of passengers missed their flights.

All of this is in unsecured areas with no zoning obstructing them from the street, and one of my staff rooms near by(and others have proper exits to the unsecured areas). None of the desks or check out counters in the shops were throwing pathing errors either.

I’m thoroughly baffled by this.

My airport has had this too, but then in a secure area, I had medium planes on stand, that were serviced already, and then got no airport staff on the boarding desk. We really need a “summon staff” button for this kind of unique errors :wink:

Patch notes for 23.5-2 as it just went live. Devlog will be delayed to Wednesday as we have a lot going on right now (getting into the new office) but mostly because we’ll have more interesting stuff to write about at that point.

We’re also currently looking at two serious issues that are very difficult to reproduce and equally as critical, one rare freezing issue that requires power cycling and one rare saving issue that sometime causes corrupt saves. These are on the top of our list and for this version we’ve enabled verbose logging for saving and loading which means that you might see a few new prints.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 23.5-2

Bug

• [ACEO-2315] - Baggage contents and security threat is not correctly correlated
  • [ACEO-2773] - Person cannot sit in armchairs
  • [ACEO-2795] - Number of flights double after signing a contract
  • [ACEO-2829] - When loading from saved game, offered contracts have completed checks
  • [ACEO-2836] - CLM contracts don't show account manager's name
  • [ACEO-2899] - Construction layering issue when demolisihng objects

New Feature

• [ACEO-2892] - Environment terrain objects swaying in wind effect
  • [ACEO-2902] - Implement basic flight information screen checking by passengers
  • [ACEO-2903] - Implement basic passenger information desk interaction
  • [ACEO-2904] - Add loading text to loading screen
  • [ACEO-2905] - Add "Autosaving..." text label when autosaving
7 Likes

Hi

All my conveyor belts, cargo bay, and scanners disappeared after updating to 23.5-2

1 Like

Just bought in after watching for the last couple months.

Get this screen when I start a game. LOADING doesn’t go away.
I can scroll the map around, bring up menus with keyboard shortcuts. Mouse cannot interact with anything.

Rolled it back to standard install instead of experimental and it works fine.

Thanks @Daytac for not understanding sarcasm and trying to explain how baggage system works to a pre-alpha tester while being a 1 month member of forum. I appreciate it. -.-

Hey no problem. I thought that’s what we were here for.

This was my attempt to explain how I understood the baggage system. I thought an exchange of ideas may have occurred wherein I might learn something different from what I thought I knew.

I apologize for not understanding your attempt at sarcasm.

And I do apologize for having spoken when clearly only having one month on the forums makes me inferior to a pre-alpha tester. Please continue your reign and I won’t bother the community with any further input from my lowly station in life.

Devs: My apology for sharing what my thoughts were on the baggage situation. I didn’t mean to clog the forums up with any thoughts, ideas, or opinions that would upset another user you have. I didn’t know the worthiness of thoughts and opinions were based on how long you were on the forums.

7 Likes

Hey guy,

I can’t read the notes in Atlassian, seems i don’t have access!

Best regards!

same for me :persevere:

Fix for this is coming up shortly.

I have also lost ALL baggage elements, Franchise payment desks and chairs and shelves have gone so Franchise staff stand around displayng a cannot access work message. Strada Air only shows MOD as their logo and nothing on the plane. Some seating and ALL Staff room furniture has gone as well.

1 Like

Can you both send your save and output_log to support@airportceo.com?

I think I’ve found the issue as another save was sent to me, looking into it now but if I don’t get any saves from you before I’m done I will push this update and hope it fixes your issues too, otherwise they’ll be handled in the next deployment! :slight_smile:

I’m pretty confident you all had the same issue, 23.5-3 is being deployed now.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 23.5-3

Bug

• [ACEO-2916] - Scene message "Loading..." text not disappearing on load
  • [ACEO-2917] - High speed conveyor belt trays picked up by passengers at baggage claim
  • [ACEO-2918] - Deserialization issue causing several objects to disappear
1 Like