Airport CEO Alpha 23.5 released

So we’ve fixed an issue with the tilt tray but there was also a larger unkown issue with the paths of the bag, which when generate were very stupid, so these fixes should bring the conveyorbelt system back to normal.

Also, high speed belts! :smiley:

6 Likes

High speed belts… me like. I do have a question.

As far as I am aware there is no way to cross conveyor lines with out them actually intersecting (with any combination of underground and overground belts). Will this change at all in the near future?

I would like to see underground belts stay strictly there on an underground layer(and overground all the same). It only makes sense to have them form an intersection if I bring an underground line up to an overground line or vise versa.

Final note, It would also be nice to see multiple layers of conveyor( i.e have one line at ground level and another crossing over it or going along above it).

Thanks Olof. I thought it seemed a bit too good to be a bug :grin:

1 Like

So we ended up doing some larger reconstruction work to conveyor belts and conveyor belt path finding, we want to test it a bit more before pushing it out so 23.5-1 will be delayed until tomorrow afternoon. You patience will be rewarded with new items and bug fixes! : )

3 Likes

Ooooohhhhhhhh. I look forward to it. :grin: Thanks for your hard work.

1 Like

If there is an award of “best developers in game industry” I would nominate you without doubt :smiley:

As far as I am aware there is no way to cross conveyor lines with out them actually intersecting (with any combination of underground and overground belts). Will this change at all in the near future?

Yeah this has to be solved.

2 Likes

ACEO-2862 - New Airport. Unable to initiate any airline contracts. All contracts show completed with green checkmarks. This is a new airport and I’m trying to sign the first airline contracts.

Go back to those green ticked contracts and sign them again (if the option is thiere), this clears it on my airport and new contract should start appearing again, as it moves the contract from active to completed/expired.

Found a feature that is some what irritating when you build a boarding desk and realize that you put it in the wrong square.

Now when building a boarding desk it automatically connects to the stand directly when built, so if I need to demolishit and move it I need to wait for the boarding desk to be built so I can clear the boardin desk´s connection to the stand and then demolish the baording desk and then rebuild it at the right spot.

This isn’t a major problem but still :slight_smile:

Regarding conveyor belts that cannot intersect we will not implement a sloppy conveyor-specific solution but instead incrementally implement a generic multi-story solution. The challenge will be in adapting the path finding system as well as some rendering challenges but it shouldn’t be too far away.

Good catch, will fix it before today’s push.

3 Likes

The unsigned contract has a green checkmark. When I open it, I notice that the contract says it was completed on blank, indicating that it hasn’t been completed. I can sign it and I do. Immediately the completed on blank changes to “contract completed”.

EDIT: I should have added, and the contract does not seem to be regenerated.

Additional info: last night when I experienced the problem I had a ton of contract options (all green checked). When I tried your thing today there were only two contracts available, both with green checkmarks and both exhibiting the same behavior.

@Olof Since the lastest update I havent been able to sign any airplane contracts

Airline Contracts and Flight Planner.

I’ve taken out some contracts to slot into after the existing ones finish but they are not showing up in the flight planner. Anyone else experiencing this?

If this is a new map, did you remember to place the control tower? I had to delete one of my of my “bug reports” for that very reason.

its the same “map” as I have started with… I even Moved the ATC tower… I have been changing my airport layout

When I move my control tower, I always first build a new one, and then demolish the old one ;).

LOL I figured it out lol I forgot to build another one lol

:slight_smile:, haha, I think a CT should have a flight contract limit, so 200 flights per week per tower or something, so, if you want more, you need a bigger tower or more of them.

1 Like

Hotfix is delayed a bit, doing some detailing work I want to try. But fear not, it will be deployed sometime today (tonight). Just keeping you updated.

That makes sense. In my opinion you should have control over staff in the tower. How daily operations go should also tie in to how well you staff the tower and the quality of that staff.

If for example the tower is understaffed or the ATC employees you have hired are low quality then you may not be able to handle as many flights and the path finding of planes on the ground could be erratic and… odd.

Another consequence of overloading the tower and its staff could be a higher likely hood of an incident occurring.

The size of the tower built could go to effect the number of ATC staff that can be stuffed in there and possibly the quality of equipment with in.

2 Likes