Airport CEO Alpha 0.22.X released

Experimental branch?

1 Like

We have mainly worked on rendering improvements for now. This particular change might only give <1fps as it is a continuous work, improving a few fps here and there. If you compare for example performance during nighttime in previous version, the difference is huge. There will be more optimization with passengers and other agets etc. further on but we have not introduced any new elements in v0.22.3 that can contribute to decreased performance.

Then there is a bug in the fuel trucks. This change was related to aircraft landing with 100% fuel level despite flying a large distance. Now they should land with a lower fuel level and only refuel what they need for the departure tip + the required extra fuel.

Can you verify this with an FPS count (i.e. test with default build then test with new build)? It’s likely that you may see lowered performance when you have stuff selected (remember, it’s an experimental branch) but otherwise you should not. However, a comparison must be made in the exact same state as an increase in passengers or something else will have an impact on FPS.

Can you tell me which icon do I need to look at? I couldnt seems to find the difference in this new built.

Same here, would love to be able to see what flights are in the contract. Or how many days left for that contract.

2 Likes

I noticed this mistake few days ago, ATR-72 is labeled as jet aircraft.

This is actually what we changed now, it should indicate the size of the aircraft so we tried a new icon.

1 Like

WOW that was fast. :smile:

As far as the Planner goes I’d like to see the “cheap”, “small” and “medium” references sorted out! Some of the so called “small” are mixed “small and medium”, some are “medium” only even though they are named as “small”. Cheap should not be in there IMHO, keep it to sizes and a definite “small” or “MEDIUM” and indicate the ones that are “Mixed” so we no longer have to repeatedly open each one when we need more contracts.

Another problem is the filter system in the planner. The first time you set it to “Airline” it works perfectly. After that it show All Contracts instead of just the Airline ones. Even selecting the filter again leaves all items showing inc builders and everything. I am sure it goes through the list then repeats them again and again. None of the “expires on day/year” works and they continue to allowing usage where they should gradually be taken out of the system. We don’t need the contracts from 4 years ago still in there when we should not still be able to use them anyway. What we need is new contracts appearing starting from the date/year we are currently on.

6 Likes

Somewhere I suggested a filter in the contract menu;

1. stars (1/2/3/4/etc)
  2. types (recurring, non-recurring)
  3. stand types (S/M/L/etc)

Hope that will come soon.

Btw; on the road atm, can someone printscreen the flight menu with symbols for me? so curious.

Here is compare. It is hard to say 22.3 has better FPS or worse FPS than 22.2. OR maybe it all happens because it is an old save.

With all due respect I did not like the luggage car, it have a rather old look! I prefer the one before!

I just want them to behave smarter…lol Go to closest service garage from last job would be nice

1 Like

It would be better to have a tighter turning circle as well…mine, updated, now crash through the gents toilets.

Or maybe be at the stand ready to unload when the flights taxi’s in? I wonder if they could be deployed once the aircraft status changes from landed to ‘found stand’ or whatever it is.

1 Like

Experimental 0.22.3 Updated:

• Aircraft request fuel values changed (new flights should request more fuel)
  • Refueling does not decrease fuel content on fuel truck
  • UI freeze when bag or person is destroyed or disabled
  • Save games in loading panel not ordered by recent date time
  • Luggage cart turn simulation improved
6 Likes

Any development on Luggage cart/Fuel truck path selection and/or prioritization of garage (select closest garage to last job)?

1 Like

Haven’t been able to play too much in the last few weeks, but I’m thinking about going on the experimental branch. Is it worth jumping on?

Definitely! You can play with the new features sooner. If the experimental patch makes the game unplayable, developers solve the issue within minutes! So don’t worry and jump in :smiley:

PS. I like that bugs (experimental branch) in this game make me spend more time in game finding other way to construct, re-plan, rebuild… they just keep me play and play! Best game I played in years and the only one where bugs make it better ;p

1 Like

Extending runway South, made it extend south only visually. In-game it got extended North. Now part of my runway is beyond north airport bounds and the south is invisible/unusable by taxi nodes.

1 Like