Airport CEO 1.0-0 released

I suppose that sorts out the situation I had where there were herds of cows and foxes running at the boundary fence of my airport somewhat akin to the Zombie Apocalypse games that are about nowadays…

Would it be an easy fix/add to make Road Tunnels up/down right-clickable like Wold Entrance Tunnel roads so you can make them one way since we do not have one way one lane tunnels? Please say yes :slight_smile:

:heart:

or do they only accept one way traffic in both lanes if they are joined to 2 lane one way roads?

2 Likes

Agree 100% this is needed, I’ve queried it a few times on previous posts but never really had confirmation if it will or will not happen, or if it is currently meant to work that way or not.

2 Likes

I have this on my list to investigate. Just need to figure out a safe and easy way to implement it.

9 Likes

there is some some strange thing at my airport:
People who exit the international zone through an automatic passport control go through the gate and then go back to the queue-start and do it again. they do it as long as they come to a gate with an agent and then it works…

i just experience this at the exit. entering the international zone through an automatic desk works fine…

How is it zoned after the check? I had similar cases onces when the international zone continued behind the check.

2 Likes

The issue is, the auto desk and the manual desk, the zone tiles under them (a line of 4 tiles starting just infront of the hashed markings) are not consistent across the two versions. The auto immigration desk I think (from memory) needs one less international zone tile. I think the last tile in the hashed area has to be non-international secure whilst the manual desk needs all the hashed tiles to be international.

Maybe something that can be tweaked by the developers :slight_smile: so both consistent. Short term fix, switch the international/non-international secure tile on the last bit of the hashed walkway :slight_smile:

yeah that solved the problem. thanks a lot!
After over 1200 hours of playing this game I feel silly for this question :sweat_smile:

but I never experienced this issue before, so it’s strange… anyways: thank you!

3 Likes

Airport CEO 1.0-15 is now deployed on the default branch! Patch notes here: Steam :: Airport CEO :: Airport CEO 1.0-15 released

4 Likes

just found a fun little bug…

• There are 3 runways, the lower one in the image is a small runway, the two upper ones are medium.

• clicking on a medium stand before the following steps shows the upper medium runway is arrival, and lower medium runway departure, you can see the small is not connected obviously to a medium stand.

Both medium runways are selected to accept medium aircraft as noted in this picture:

When selecting a small runway…

Then shift + selecting a medium runway or more…

(both medium runways are selected to accept medium aircraft)

Then clicking on “repair runway” (to repair all 3 runways)

Notice the medium aircraft toggle gets turned off which turns it off for the 2 medium runways

This picture is when clicking on one of the medium runways after the repair of all 3 runways

As you can see below, all my medium stands now don’t have a connected arrival or departure runway cuz medium was deactivated on both medium runways/runways are not connected to any medium stand.

• I then have to turn on the accept medium aircraft toggle again on my medium runways.
  • This does not occur when I select the medium runways first and then the small runway last to repair all at once.
  • I did not test this with large runways.

that was too hard to show and explain with the bug reporting method in game.

Also… using copy/paste with walls and then control (to delete what you copied still does not delete walls.

1 Like

setting the RGB set color for all plants in the menu changes the color of the Christmas Tree :frowning:

I wanted charcoal vases for my pants and how I have a charcoal Christmas Tree. :(. is this meant to be?

1 Like

My opinion is that you are missing one important detail. The main task of any airport is the transportation of passengers (we do not take cargo into account in our case). And indicators come to the fore. I recently looked at the top 10 airlines report for 2020, and the main indicator of their success is the number of passengers carried. It’s the same with airports. At the Airport CEO, this is not played up at all. In essence, the game is asking us to play airport construction, not transporting passengers. The game does not in any way stimulate the player to increase the number of passengers carried, and as a result, only the design of the airport and the difficulties in mastering the development of the airport, in terms of construction, come to the fore. And when all the research is completed, and everything is built, there is nothing to do in the game. The game does not offer any tasks, does not stimulate the player to strain their brains for a new task, such as organizing the transportation of as many passengers as possible. Yes, there is a performance problem, but I know for sure that optimizing passenger flows at the airport and other processes in it can force the player’s CPU to carry more passengers. Why not bring moments into the game that would stimulate some of the players to use their brains to compete with both their own transportation indicators and those of other players?

The main point I want to convey is that the Airport CEO game ends when the airport is built, but it is unlikely that it will end so quickly if you aim to carry even more passengers in a shorter amount of time. And you don’t have to do a lot for this in terms of developing additional functions. No new mechanics need to be developed at all. We just need to make sure that the indicators that we have are displayed in an interesting way, and the game sets the appropriate tasks. Liven up the gameplay with different interactions, like displaying the success achieved by the player in the game itself. They even cut a letter from the mayor regarding the competition for the title of the airport of the year. Now this appendage in the form of a bonus does not bear any emotional color, no joy from it.

So I have two bugs regarding the email reports in the game.

In the operations report the Average employee skill is 0 %.

In the economy report, even though I haven’t built anything, and the construction cost is $0 the final balance including and excluding construction are different.

Please bug report that save and we’ll have a look.

1 Like

Rolling out today’s update, 1.0-16 on the experimental branch with the following changes:

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version 1.0-16

Bug

ACEO-43381 Different runway sizes can incorrectly be multi selected together enabling players to change unapplicable settings for certain runways

ACEO-43379 Multi-selected runway panels reset all configurable values if repair button is pressed

ACEO-43377 Hungary not set as a Schengen country

ACEO-43370 Flight auto-planner can in extremely rare instances on extremely large airports double book flights on the same stand

ACEO-43351 Slightly increased passenger spawn rate for subway entrances

ACEO-43278 Area of Hawaii categorized as temperate and not tropical

ACEO-43234 Slightly more adjusted shopping behavior for passengers in secure zone area

Improvement

ACEO-43383 Runways can now intersect

10 Likes

I am also experiencing an issue with baggage bay pathing. The blue line is the path they take to come in and the red line is the path they take after picking up the bags. They cross over and incoming vehicles get in the way of outgoing vehicles. The bug report is ACEO-43385. This is the same save that had the incorrect values that I posted about above.

After letting the game running for about 3 hours the auto planner don’t add more available flights to the schedule.

Bug Report ACEO-43387 (Default 1.0-15)

Medium and Big Stands get scheduled.

But Small Stands not.

I see your issue with that side of the baggage bay, but to control both sides of baggage bays I use one way arrows on the whole road that goes to the baggage bay up to where it intersects with another road. Ill add a picture once I get ACEO opened up… this prevents this and also forces baggage trucks to drive on the opposite side of the road on the other side of the baggage bay road.

Update:

4 Likes

YESSSSSSS!! Thank you!

1 Like