Airport CEO 1.0-0 released

ACEO-43187 Experimental branch, passengers teleporting across walls/obstructions after passing security search (medium)

Same issue, but mine applies for both arriving and departing pax

Think they preparing for halloween in case there is any future lockdowns? :wink: #GhostPax

RE: “Services Available to Passengers” to plummet to a very low percentage before climbing back up to around 80 %

I have noticed that same thing directly correlated to when my stores are opened versus closed.
We either should

1. NOT be penalized when they are closed but the contract is still active
    OR
  2. Allow 24 hour operations of stores so as not to incur a rating decrease

This didn’t necessarily occur when they were closed. It would happen at random times, many times in one day.

Some of the shop demand feedback/bug reports I’ve noticed may be caused by a glitch I came across in certain situations. It’s the perfect crime and can go unnoticed. If you have a shop before security (near check-in areas), you must also provide 100% enough seats for all your departing passengers, otherwise they’ll rush to an open shop (see thread for more info, as I don’t wish to clog up this one).

The developers I think have done amazing to continue balancing such a complex part of the game :smiley: it’s why I’m calling this a “Glitch” as it is something impacting the system, not an error with the system itself. Aside from this glitch, very grateful for the experimental branch fix for franchise demand :slight_smile:

Took a look at it, the area after the security checkpoints have been zoned as staff so they don’t have much choice unfortunately! :frowning:

Rolling out another small update on the experimental branch, but this time with some minor new modding features! :slight_smile: We will be assessing the health of this build tomorrow and see if it’s ready for the default branch.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version  1.0-14

Bug

• [ACEO-43117] - Security checkpoints can be built in a specific situation where the initial queue point can overlap other objects
  • [ACEO-43182] - Airline livery input field in development panel sends movement input when typed in
  • [ACEO-43221] - Runway repair world notification can in rare instances remain despite being repaired

Improvement

• [ACEO-43222] - Special livery tag added for mods to support rare liveries not spawning as often as standard
  • [ACEO-43223] - Fleet count added for modded airlines to support specifying the number of aircraft types for a given airline
10 Likes

thanks devs :heart:

3 Likes

Olof, is that the problem with adding some kind of competitive aspect to the game that will extend the life cycle of the game for some players? When all the developments have been researched, when the shops are delivered, and there is an opportunity to land all the planes, there is exactly zero interest in the game. Have you ever wondered, or conducted a survey, how to help players stay in the game for as long as possible, so that fans’ interest in the game is maintained?
This is your first game. You did it, from my point of view, very well. It took 5 years. Isn’t it worth adding at least something that fans will come back to the game for again?

Second point. There are unique moments in aviation, outstanding ones.
Why, so meticulously brought into the game the sound of engines of different aircraft? Others may not pay attention, but I often zoomed in different planes in the game, and listened to how the engines sound in different modes. I fly often and I know these sounds very well. Why was it necessary to add to the game the Tu-144, which made only 55 flights, but not add the Tu-154, which was produced in a series of more than 1000 aircraft, and whose D-30 engines sound the best sound in aviation ?! Put in the finishing touches, release the DLC and everyone will be happy! If I am willing to buy, but others will also buy. I’m not the only aviation enthusiast.

I can maybe shed some light over your questions.

You have made a good point here but unfortunately most games in the genre suffer from the same late game challenge. It is hard to keep players engaged after everything has been unlocked in the game. We have several features to make the later game interesting such as events and the possibility to experiment with mods. You can also try different biomes and starting difficulties. At this point it is hard to make major changes to the late game but we are always ear for any suggestions.

Sure, we know that the Tu-144 was not really a commercially aircraft in that sense but it is a cool and unique model to have parked at your airport. It is also very fitting with Concorde in the DLC release. There are as you say other interesting aircraft types from the Soviet area that would be fun to implement which we have a discussion around.

2 Likes

I agree with the response @Fredrik , the freedom of customisation in ACEO for me personally gives the game an almost infinite shelf life. I understand the comments made though, but I personally find ACEO as one of the least restrictive simulator/tycoon type games on the market, leaving so many options for the player, anywhere in world any size/type of airport :smiley: I’m sure as the number of mods naturally grows this will compliment this too.

3 Likes

Rolling out a small hotfix for the frequent animal spawning issue! This version will be dpeloyed on the default branch on Tuesday this coming week!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version  1.0-15

Bug

• [ACEO-43172] - Animal spawning is due to previous spawn change extremely frequent
4 Likes

I suppose that sorts out the situation I had where there were herds of cows and foxes running at the boundary fence of my airport somewhat akin to the Zombie Apocalypse games that are about nowadays…

Would it be an easy fix/add to make Road Tunnels up/down right-clickable like Wold Entrance Tunnel roads so you can make them one way since we do not have one way one lane tunnels? Please say yes :slight_smile:

:heart:

or do they only accept one way traffic in both lanes if they are joined to 2 lane one way roads?

2 Likes

Agree 100% this is needed, I’ve queried it a few times on previous posts but never really had confirmation if it will or will not happen, or if it is currently meant to work that way or not.

2 Likes

I have this on my list to investigate. Just need to figure out a safe and easy way to implement it.

9 Likes

there is some some strange thing at my airport:
People who exit the international zone through an automatic passport control go through the gate and then go back to the queue-start and do it again. they do it as long as they come to a gate with an agent and then it works…

i just experience this at the exit. entering the international zone through an automatic desk works fine…

How is it zoned after the check? I had similar cases onces when the international zone continued behind the check.

2 Likes