Airline Specific Objects

Obviously in the real world, airline branding is very prevalent in airports and this serves some useful functions - advertising for the airline, helping passengers find their way around the terminal etc. I think it would be great to see some airline branding in objects within the airport.

There’s quite a few objects that this could apply to. At the simple end, you could just be looking at signs/billboards as a decorative feature. More complex objects could include ticket desks, customer service desks, frequent flyer lounges etc that could also display the relevant airline’s brand in some way.

Maybe an easy way of achieving this would be to have “blank” objects that can be designed with the branding of a specific airline. Obviously only airlines that actually serve the airport would be selectable (for example, CLM branded objects only become available when CLM start operating at your airport). Maybe for check-in desks, it would be nice to see the logo of the relevant airline on the screen. Just something that might make the game look a bit nicer and more realistic.

3 Likes

Maybe it could be a requirement for some airlines that you create different areas which they can use for check-in, lounges and costumer service. Basically you offer space, they build (kinda like the way the shops work). Other airlines uses the airports own check-ins.

1 Like

Also if you assigned an airline to a certain check-in desk, that desk could have some kind of decoration of that particular airline (colour, logo…)

I like this opinion. Airlines can required how many counters for check-in they requierd, or if they need a First Class Lounges, when they make a contract with our Airport.
Etc.etc.

Since the game is top down, there is no easy way to display any kind of airline branding or any other type of branding for that matter. Makes no sense to have a logo on the top of a screen.

No, but certain color patterns would work well!! For instance, CLM seems to be a white color based logo, so White lights or carpet could work!

Stripe Airline has 3 colors, which could bring in lighted desks in the colors, or even carpets for that style logo. Not only that, but there’s color picking for seating, MAYBE this could also go hand in hand for certain airlines and gates.

Yeah, just looked at the screenshots and saw that the checkin desks weren’t very detailed from the top, but maybe having a screen that’s “angled” towards the camera might work quite well - it wouldn’t be realistic to see a screen from above of course, but it might add some nice visual appeal to the game?

We are experimenting with slanted signs, especially around the tarmac and taxiway areas as they usually have a lot of navigational signs but as @hccampos said it’ll unsure wether it will look any good. Airlines already have specific logos so we will probably implement a three tier color palette or something like that to support the perception of branded areas or objects, might however look weird or ugly if the logo isn’t present so we’ll have to do some thinking here.

In regards to airport branding, we have already started by utilizing the check-in desk panel (and the boarding desk panel will have the same traits). It has evolved a bit since this tweet but it is definitely worth checking out: https://twitter.com/AirportCEO/status/757244076664160256

@me123: Haha, I would say they are very detailed, if scroll in close enough you can even see pencils laying around.

4 Likes

I like the check-in Desk… It Looks great. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.