Aircraft staying over night (not GA)

i think that if the game would allow to have aircraft (not GA) staying over night at your airport where planes just stay at your stands until there first flight in the morning

4 Likes

Drat, you beat me to saying this :joy:

At most major airports aircraft sit on the tarmac overnight after flying in from a destination. Quite often in the morning the aircraft will then fly out to a different destination. For example an airplane might fly in from Rome to Manchester, stay until the next morning, and then depart to Faro.

(As you can see, at Manchester most stands are occupied overnight)

1 Like

i know that is what i had in mind!

1 Like

@Olof @Fredrik is this in the pipeline? :grinning:

Possibly, not right now but I agree that it would be a nice feature.

4 Likes

Perhaps this could be incorporated with remote stands so that overnight stayers get towed to remote stands instead of blocking gates for night flights.

1 Like

Another way this could be added is when you sign a contract with an airline they use your airport as a base for a/numerous aircraft and they sit at a stand when not in flight

1 Like

Say plane N000XX lands at 10:30 PM. Rather than departing at 12:00 AM, it stays and departs at 6:00 AM.

1 Like

God idea as well that is what I had in mind

Say plane N000XX lands at 10:30 PM. Rather than departing at 12:00 AM, it stays and departs at 6:00 AM.

That’s a really good idea.

That would make the airport look really cool.

Could this not be simply solutioned by the plane having say a 10 hour layover at the airport where it lands, waits for 10 hours and then departs? For us to ‘create’ the effect of it parking overnight we assign that flight an evening landing spot?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.