ACEO Modding Group: You have Airline Wishes? Write us here and we try to do it

yeah, I can’t wait to see this one finished!! and in the game!

I have 12 Liveries coming out for Spirit! :smiley: well, if I can get the DFW and Dumbo one done good enough…

This is turning out way better than I thought it would :smiley: so excited!

Now here’s the question, should I place the white SPIRIT logo with the red square above the windows or should I be true and not show the logo, because you really cannot see it in real life from above ???

Where did you get the High resolution pictures from? I am always having a very hard time finding them.

@Beumer
you mean logos? I try to find the best one possible, if not and its not too difficult of a logo, I recreate it myself. I also get text from “what the font” MyFonts.com website. I take a picture of the font I want. I upload it to the website. Then I pick the closest one they give me options for. I put in a sample text that I want to see in that font. Then I screen capture that text in the largest I can. Then I Take the white back ground out and color overlay the black text to the color I need. Hope that helps

For example, I recreated the S logo for the fin in the colors red, green yellow and blue by tracing the outline of the fin logo from a picture and then filling it in with color. Its not exact, but its good enough cuz im going to squash the heck out of it to put on the fin. lol

I got the spirit.com, airlines, and SPIRT text from MyFonts.com, google “what the font”

The black and blue box shading I created myself as well

I made an image 400 height by 1200 wide pixels. Then I did rectangle select tool and made squares 100 x 100 and placed them every 100 pixels and filled them first with black then with blue for the other one. I did the first layer all in 100% opacity, second layer in 98% opacity, third in 96, 90, 80, 70, 60, 40, 20% opacity. Then I made the blue one. added the red box and then the SPIRIT white text that I got the from what the font by sampling the text they told me it was and screen capturing it. Then I exported it all as one layer.

The Dallas and Fort Worth Images I screen captured from the side of the aircraft from googling that aircraft and picking the largest image I cold find.

The 2 top left black Spirit Logos I just found a really good quality transparent one via google. The top 2 are from downloading, and the other black, yellow, white and blue/red ones are just color overlays

oh, and the spirit.com text I had to cut off part of the R to make it look like the other Spirit logo cuz the R is changed from the original font that spirit used for their logo. So its the same font they used, but just a section of the “r” is cut off…

The blue and red R Spirit logo I color overlayed the black logo I found with red for one layer and blue for another, I cut out the red for all the letters except the little red part of the R and cut out that same R part of the blue and then merged the two layers together. I did this because I could not find a good quality red and blue Spirit Logo

2 Likes

Thanks that will be useful in future livery making for sure! But what is mend was these.
Tried to find high resolution ones of the Tin Tin Brussels but could not find them. So I started overriding them from a less resolution decal I found. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Beumer

those are the side of the Spirit Liveries. Im not sure if I can use those yet or If im going to have to try to recreate them myself. but those were the best quality I could get and just a screen capture of them…

Its a horrible livery!. poor effort into designing it. looks like they just took a cut out and slapped it on the side off the aircraft. but hey, im still gonna try to make it.

2 Likes

Haha I see, you are having an equal hard time :slight_smile: thanks anyway

2 Likes

yup… the dumbo one will be interesting too I just have to recreate the clouds and blue sky though, I have the correct dumbo and Movie Title logo. We will see. But on the DFW livery. yeah, I might just not do that one cuz its a crappy livery anyways hahahaha

Allmost all liveriers with pictures on the plane are crappy hell and sometimes, specially on smaller airlines, allmost impossible to do… or you gonna repaint pixel by pixel (i did this with Aviatsa, the Whale)

1 Like

Yup agreed. The Tin Tin preview image was done by the use of the vector program inkscape and pictures of model decals. Takes a lot of time!

maybe sometime help online vectorizer too, if the original picture is good…
i used at one of my mods this one: https://www.vectorizer.io/

but yeah, inkscape sounds good! will try this on an other mod in planning

1 Like

SPIRIT AIRLINES UPDATE:
These 2 liveries are going though quality control check… just a few things to fix. but coming along smoothly otherwise!

Update: 3 done and through quality check. onto the silvergcale livery! excited for this one!!

1 Like

On hold: Cityliner
(airline request)

Old livery:

New livery:

Cityliner is a Seattle based airline with quite the history.
Hubs: SEA, PHL, KIX
Focus Cities: ORD, BOS, NRT
Fleet:
717s (old livery)
737-700s
737-800s
737-900s
757-200s (Old livery)
787-8,10s
CRJ-200s
CRJ-700s
Founded in 1962
Cityliner (Formerly Cityliner GLOBAL) is a major player in the USA and trans-pacific market. They fly a more centralized fleet, of Boeing and CRJ aircraft. You can almost always see a Cityliner 787 or ten at KIX, taking the entire north end of the terminal, and SEA is filled with a never-ending stream of 737s and CRJs. Fly with Cityliner today! (Dm for logos)

1 Like

@CaptainCat

Your request has been added to our Trello to do list under fictional airlines. Please send me the logos for the tails if you have them. I will get this done after I complete Spirit Airlines.

Beautiful Livery though! Can’t wait to do it for ya!

Here’s the link (let me know if anything needs to be changed):

Ps. Thanks for including all the info: Description, aircraft, etc…!!

1 Like

Cool, thank you!

1 Like

Heyo, want me to make a discord server for ya’ll? I know you have been having communication issues, and it’s the least I can do. I’m extremely grateful for all the work you have been doing!

2 Likes

Okay, I just have to share this before I upload them to steam because I’m so happy with how it came out!!! The silver fuselage, the black gradient step squares. I decided (and I usually don’t do this) to put the red square with the white Spirit Logo above the windows so that we can see the logo! I think it looks so much better even though its not true to the real livery! I hope everyone else will agree. It was boring with only the black gradient step squares.

And the split engine gradient tones came out nice as well and the nose too! and the tail. Im just so happy with this one! Can’t wait to get it uploaded to Steam for the rest of ya!!

This aircraft just might have to make a debut at my ABQ airport even though Spirit does not fly there, Frontier!!! you are gonna have to give up a gate! sorry!

4 Likes

Spirit Airlines

STEAM LINK

Info

Spirit Airlines, Inc. is an American ultra-low-cost carrier headquartered in Miramar, Florida. It is the seventh largest commercial airline in the United States. Spirit operates scheduled flights throughout the United States and in the Caribbean and Latin America. The airline operates bases at Atlantic City, Chicago–O’Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, and Orlando.

IATA: NK
ICAO: NKS
Callsign: SPIRIT WINGS
CEO: Ted Christie

Fleet: A319, A320, A321

MOD includes:

Airline Designator: NKS

Aircraft:

Aircraft (liveries): A319 (4), A320 (3), A321 (2)

Aircraft Images

Contracts:

All contracts now come in two options. One with a color background and white text/logo, And one with white background and color text/logo. You get to choose the style you like best! Contracts Include:

1. All Aircraft and liveries (NL Yellow = default) (Black Bkg/Yellow Text - White Bkg/Black Text)
  2. Spirit NL Yellow A319, A320, A321(Black Bkg/Yellow Text - White Bkg/Black Text)
  3. Spirit OL Yellow A319, A320 (Black Bkg/Yellow Text - White Bkg/Black Text)
  4. Spirit OL White A319, A320 (Blue Bkg/White Text - White Bkg/White Text)
  5. Spirit OL Greyscale A319, A321(Black Bkg/White Text - White Bkg/Black Text)
Contracts

Flight Planner

Next Airline by TwoC… Cityliner, requested by @CaptainCat

3 Likes

Can you do HK express. Currently they operate
-A320’s

-A320 neo’s

-A321-200’s

Thank you, Also @twocflyer the Spirt liveries are awesome!

3 Likes

Oo, never seen that one before

@win_win Hong Kong Express Airways Limited has been added to the Trello. Please check it over and see if any info is wrong. Great choice, I look forward to making this one!

Thanks for the Spirit comment! Glad you like em!

here is the Trello link:

1 Like