ACEO Modding Group: You have Airline Wishes? Write us here and we try to do it

It’s that time again… another airline upload to steam :smiley:

Introducing for the first time

TwoCAviation

& the Cessna 182 AIRLINE MOD PACK

Liveries of each U.S. State/Territory

Please leave me feedback on this pack, especially if anything needs to be fixed. I noticed that the designators are not all the same and that will be fixed soon.

UPDATE: All the designators have been changed to “TCA” so this is now fixed and uploaded to Steam.

What livery is your favorite, please share below! I would love to know! :smiley:

TwoC Aviation Fleet

starting small with the…

CESSNA182

Fleet aircraft livery details can be found at this -LINK-

MOD PACK includes:

• The pack comes with multiple contracts including a contract with all CESSNA182 state liveries in one contract (will work once multi-liveries work again - fingers crossed), with the Alabama Livery as the main livery. It also includes a contact for each livery so that you can sign a contract for the aircraft you wish to use. In total there are 28 contracts included (1 contract for all aircraft liveries & 27 individual aircraft livery contracts)

• Also included in the pack are all liveries as GA so they will fly into your airport if you have GA stands up and running!! I will try to also add a GA only Pack in the future if I can figure out how to get the GA only pack to work. It currently only shows the first of the liveries (Alabama), kinda the same issues as the multiple livery not working in ACEO. Stay tuned for that!

CESSNA182 - Each U.S. State/Territory livery with some states that have 2.

Completed: Alabama —> Massachusetts + American Samoa, D.C, Guam, 2 Arizona, 2 New Mexico

To be added later:

CESSNA182 - All the remaining State/Territory liveries, 56 total + a few states with 2!

—STEAM LINK—

Images

Alabama

Alaska

American Samoa

Arizona 1

Arizona 2

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Connecticut

Delaware

District of Columbia (D.C.)

Florida

Georgia

Guam

Hawaii

Idaho

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Kansas

Kentucky

Louisiana

Maine

Maryland

Massachusetts

New Mexico 1

New Mexico 2

Contract

Flight Planner

Let me know what you’re favorite livery is, you can choose 1-3 of them! I was limited to a max of 25 options so I had to group Arizona and New Mexico 1/2 as 1 option each

• Alabama
  • Alaska
  • American Samoa
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • California
  • Colorado
  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • District of Columbia
  • Flordia
  • Georgia
  • Guam
  • Hawaii
  • Idaho
  • Illinosis
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Maine
  • Maryland
  • Massachusetts
  • New Mexico
0 voters

Next Airline/Livery to come:

Im going to finish up, or at least finish most of the rest of WestJet, WestJet Encore, WestJet Link, & Swoop. Should be out soon, Stay tuned!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi , I’m still active , but at moment only in sim airport , and in the background at the aceo modding group.
Yes i know all my flight planner backgrounds are black. (At that time i not known how to change that.(that is the normal look in the mods)
maybe i change that in future, but that is all a lot of work. I will see

PS: If you want to change the colors in your game , go in the mod and edit the background color in the mod.json with notepad++ and save it then.
here in the mod.json :

Just change the Background Colors from : 0 to that color you want (RGB Colors) and save it with notepad++ (but make sure that you can see the logo of the airline) (Red logo + Red background not works)

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Logo color would be no problem I think because on the flight planner it’s anyways the inverted logo to be used but I’d have to try first.
Unfortunately Stream detects the change and will just silently restore the original when I start the game, so I can’t change it.

These are the colors I think would fit the airlines I’m using:

EVA Air: 16, 136, 61 (just taken from UNI Air, didn’t double check myself)
China Airlines: 155, 182, 228 (the light blue / violet being part of their logo)
Malaysia Airlines: 34, 60, 137 (dark blue, taken right off one of their official liveries)
Asiana: 228, 30, 38 (the red color in their official logo)
Lion Air: 235, 60, 0 (orange from their logo)
Lufthansa: 244, 158, 38 (orange) or 0, 31, 82 (dark blue) - both are their official colors; blue being used for the new livery but orange still in use and being easier to recognise, so I prefer orange

3 Likes

You need to copy that steam folder to your nativ mod folder and then you can change the color

Uni Air i used the green from the logo so it looks like this:
Download%20(1)

3 Likes

I see, I’m still pretty much an amateur, never changed anything before haha… Will see what I can do later.

3 Likes

@Gerwanese

Let us know if you need any assistance on where to locate the files or how to change the .json file colors etc… there are lots of guides in the forum on how to do this but it can be difficult in the beginning when you are figuring out how everything works. I made a nice guide a few weeks back here is the link:

In other news…

making my final touches to WestJet, WestJet Encore, WestJet Link (ATR42 instead of SAAB 340B), and Swoop (didn’t have room on the screen)!! Just need to adjust some gradient/inner glow shading to make them all match as a fleet and do a test run at the TwoC Aviation Test Airport :slight_smile: Here is a preview…

There we go… Final products. Added the metal strip on the fin edge, changed the fin top/tip to teal on the B736/8s, adjusted the shading so the all pretty much match in whiteness. I think they are ready to go test at TwoC Aviation Test Airport for the final test, photoshoot, and shipment… stay tuned. :smiley:

Images

Airport Test #1. A few things to fix.

• Change B752 contract name change so it shows up.
  • Add Registration # to Frozen Livery
  • Fix Base color merge on B736 NL - has a white line between fin base and fuselage merger
  • Adjust B378 NL, OL, OL wing shading back to original shading
  • Remove “WestJet.com” from Q400 Engine, it mirror images the 1 engine and Westjet.com becomes un-readable on the other engine. :frowning: bummer!
3 Likes

Thanks a lot for all the help. I managed to get the mods running with the new colors, but the inverted logos don’t really look good. I’ll try to fix them. Lufthansa looks okay, EVA Air I have tried to fix myself, not too bad I hope:
grafik

@modair If you have any use for the updated mods, I could upload them somewhere for you. Just for myself it’s fine as native mods but of course I don’t just want to take without giving back.

In the tutorial it is mentioned that the logos should be 256x256 or 512x256 in size, but both look pretty bad in the game. I just used the 900x294 I found in the UNI Air folder and it looks much better. Are the sizes outdated?

2 Likes

@Gerwanese

Here is how I make my logos. I make a new image file in my photo software ( I use GIMP, its free), I make It either 512 x 256 px or 256 x 256 pix depending on the logo im making for. for airlines 512 x 256 works fine!

I then copy the logo to the file, and crop to image so that the box around the logo is nice and tight, then I scale the image to the max width of the log image (512 px for the width or 256px for the height depending on which fits all the logo in, if the logo is tall, I use 256, if the log is short but wide, 512 for scaling.) This makes the logo as big as it can be in the space allotted!

I then export the image as a .png file and wala. you have a new log that’s nice and big!

Just make sure you fill up the image space with the logo so its as big as possible for the flight planner and contracts

Here are the ones I just finished. I do 3 export saves,

• 1 - color logo transparent background for the .png (contract logo)
  • 1 - color logo transparent background for the _Inv.png (flight planner logo for white backgrounds and color text)
  • 1 - white logo (color overlay white) transparent background for the 2nd _Inv.png option (flight planner with color background and white text)

Here is what they look like

Images

I even added for my WestJet Packs, logos for the the contracts with specific aircraft and livery types this time. here’s what they look like… So you know in the Flight planner which contract is which so that all the logos don’t look the same…

Images

For the EVA Air logo I used a svg image where I changed the colors and then rescaled it. So the quality in the resulting png even in 512x256 was perfect. But in the flight planner it looked pretty bad and blurry. On the other hand, the 900x294 image looks much better (although far from being perfect as you can see in the screenshot).

Where in the flight planner do you need a second Inv logo? In the airlines list and also the string in the flight plan it’s all the colored background where the normal “Inv” logo works well. If I click on one of the strips to see the details, the normal (not Inv) logo is shown and looks fine there.
Did I miss another location where the second Inv logo is needed?

1 Like

yeah, you can always make the logo image px size bigger, that works too! however, I would use the same porportions so like 1024 x 512 instead of 900 x 294 @Gerwanese

I also find that the white background and color logo looks better, whereas the color background and white logo usually looks more pixelated

so thats why I stuck with the white background option for my airlines

1 Like

Ok I see, so you actually don’t need two Inv logos but just use the one of them which you prefer.
I actually like the color background because it integrates nicely, but the image quality indeed is a bit disappointing. I’ll try a bit more with the sizes. Maybe the bad quality at 512x256 was just a scaling issue and the bigger the image is, the better it looks. Then I should get even better results with 1024x512.
Quite fun to see things working out and learning. I probably won’t do airplane layouts (not really confident that I could do it) but maybe try more of airlines and stores/restaurants if time allows.

1 Like

yes, try that out and let me know and if it looks good ill maybe change mine to color backgrounds white logos for the flight planner and color logos, transparent backgrounds for the contracts

send a picture of your outcome if you get a chance. would love to see how it turns out.

And yes, I was unsure about making liveries before, but I decided to give it a try and it took a lot of trial and error, making mistakes, trying new methods, learning by searching online how to do certain things in GIMP etc. but I get better and better each time I make a new plane and build on what I already know.

1 Like

Actually I found that the “Wings Air” logo made by Dawed looks really good. It’s 920x260:
grafik

I tried the EVA Air logo in 1024x512 which looks pretty nice although not perfect:
grafik
2048x1024 seemed to be slightly better but the difference is so small that it’s not worth the bigger image size. 512x256 however looks awful.

Edit: This is the 920x260 version:
grafik
You can see that in this version the E doesn’t look very nice, but the R shape is much better.

1 Like

see what I mean by color logos on white background look better when comparing same image px sizes. here is my WestJet Encore Flight Planner. Notice the smaller aircraft livery type text in the lower left hand corner of each one. the white logo color background one looks worse.

We could do with a chat about that. Also notice they are not constant. It’s 2:15am for me and should be asleep.

Its that time again… I have completed the WestJet Company airlines and they have been uploaded to Steam:

WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines

Steam Link

MOD PACK includes:

Airline Designator: WJA

Aircraft

• B737600 - NL & OL-Maple & OL-Triangles
  • B737800 - NL & OL-Maple & OL-Triangles
  • B737800 - Disney Frozen
  • B737800 - Care-antee
  • B757200 - OL-Triangles
Aircraft Images

Contracts

All contracts now come in two options. One with a color background and white text/logo, And one with white background and color text/logo. You get to choose the style you like best! The contracts include:

Contract

Flight Planner

1. All Aircraft and liveries (hopefully will work someday with multiple livery game play)
  2. B736/8 NL
  3. B737600/800 OL Maple
  4. B737600/800 OL Triangles
  5. B757200 OL Triangles
  6. B737800 Frozen
  7. B737800 Care-antee

To be added in the future:

B737800 - Disney Magic Livery

WestJet Encore

Westjet Encore

Steam Link

MOD PACK includes:

Airline Designator: WEN

Aircraft

• Q400 - OL-Maple
  • Q400 - OL-Triangles
Aircraft Images

Contracts

All contracts now come in two options. One with a color background and white text/logo, And one with white background and color text/logo. You get to choose the style you like best! The contracts include:

Contract

Flight Planner

1. Both liveries (hopefully will work someday with multiple livery game play)
  2. Q400 OL-Maple
  3. Q400 OL-Triangles
WestJet Link

WestJet Link

Steam Link

MOD PACK includes:

Airline Designator: PCO

Aircraft

ATR42 (substituted for their SAAB 340B)

Aircraft Images

Contracts

Contract

Flight Planner

1. ATR42 - OL-Maple
Swoop

Swoop

Steam Link

MOD PACK includes:

Airline Designator: WSW

Aircraft

B737800

Aircraft Images

Contracts

Contract

Flight Planner

1. B737800 - only livery

Next planned airline/livery:

Im going to take a break and work on my airport but stay tuned, I shouldn’t be gone long…

1 Like

Hi , if you want to help , you can send me the new Logos and i can add it to the mods , then all users would have it. But just if you want :slight_smile: Or also the whole mod , that works also. But not upload this mods.
If you want the send it to me , i give you my email adress.
Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i allways let the game resize it automatically…
but on the flightplanner logos it can’t be a small text, that looks weird. and i also add allways like 10 pixel of space to the logos, if the for examlpe the fin of eva air is to close to the picture border, it looks later bad…

and yes modair is right, please don’t upload the adjustments in native mod pack to steam…
we put a lot of effort in this mods and don’t like to see that other uploads your own mod again :slight_smile:

if sending the jsons to modair don’t work, we can give you access to upload to our onedrive share :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I uploaded the updated mods to my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14FNo0BE1F07zBjpOIhb8bLqe5ps3gWcY
The mods have the same numbers they got when originally downloaded from Steam. I don’t know whether it’s important or just some random number chosen by Steam so I decided not to change them.
Updated are Logo.png, Logo_Inv.png and the Mod.json (only color changes).
For now I’m happy with most of it, only Asiana Airlines isn’t really exciting. The Logo_Inv.png works well, but the normal Logo.png has some white outline (not visible in the contract but at other places). I found a way to get rid of it but then instead the red hook would get a black outline which looks even worse. That’s why I stayed with the white bit.

All inverted logos (please ignore Cathay Dragon and Garuda Indonesia, I didn't change them)

grafik

And the normal logos in contracts

grafik
grafik
grafik
grafik
grafik
grafik

Asiana with the ugly outline

grafik
grafik

By the way, I updated a few of the logos to the current version (some were outdated) but didn’t change the mod images themselves because they contain the author. Don’t be surprised if sometimes the mod image has a different logo than the airline has in the game.

3 Likes

Boutique Air

Steam Link

MOD includes:

Airline Designator: BTQ

Aircraft:

BARON58 in a beautiful silver metallic livery (instead of PC12)

Aircraft Images

Contracts:

All contracts now come in two options. One with a color background and white text/logo, And one with white background and color text/logo. You get to choose the style you like best!

Contract

Flight Planner

2 Likes