A larger atc

at the moment we only have a small atc so I was thinking since there will soon be an update in which larger planes come in the future it is also possible that a large atc once

It’s actually already crafted, just needs to be implemented. It’ll come in a structure pack update, most likely within January! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Olof does it have any new purpose? Or like small ATCT it is just an eye-candy? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Literally just beat me to it :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe you could have an hourly movement cap with the smaller ATC? (because it can’t cope with x amount of traffic?)

4 Likes

Something like that, yeah, we haven’t fully decided yet but they won’t be eye candy (well, they sorta are that too because they look next level compared to what we have implemented currently thanks to @Jettuh). We’ll gladly listen to your ideas here! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ooh nice! :slight_smile:

Agreed, a smaller ATC could cap the max amount of flights and runways. Maybe even let us hire aircraft controllers which have a skill level that also influences the amount of flights you can have landing at the same time? It would increase the level of micromanaging.

3 Likes

OOOO wanna hear more of this structure update :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Small ATCT: You can place small stands and 1 runway
Medium ATCT: You can place small and medium stands and 3 runways
Large ATCT: You can place medium and large stands (no small) and you can build infinite amounth of runways

3 Likes

Please limit the amount of daily flights per tower, so we need more towers for more flights or a bigger one.

2 Likes

Should the location of the tower also come into effect, for sight of view for aircraft. Dont want to just put a tower in a corner somewhere just to have it.

Also the chatter of aircraft and atc i read in another thread was a good suggestion imo

1 Like

I’d rather see takeoff/landing limits than stand limits tied to size and number of ATC towers.

Maybe something like 3 takeoffs/landings per hour per small tower and 10 per large tower.

4 Likes

@EG0611 I don’t see why a large tower wouldn’t be able to cope with small stands. Realistically speaking, the ground operation element of an airport’s traffic control is managed by either a different part of the tower or the apron control tower. So I agree with @13goyankees13 in that a tower should more be tied to aircraft movement rather than aircraft size. That said, I think 10 per hour is quite paltry, considering even for airports like Sydney which have a movement cap, it’s 80. (Obviously the game isn’t in real time etc. so this will have to be balanced but you get the point) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here are my thoughts:

Some small airports with only general aviation do not have a tower - they simply reply on unicom for movements. so we could allow a small field up to X number general aviation to operate with no tower. A tower thoguh could increase safety of the airport if implemented.

Tower actually does two things - controls planes landing and taking off (the runways) and movements on the ground (ground-traffic control). The tower needs a clear view of the apron and runway. So placement should be considered. More than one is possible if the airport is divided into sectors, each sector controlled by one of the towers.

There should be a limit to the number of movements a tower can handle. I’d like to see the ability to assign ATC staff to the tower - the more staff and more skilled, the more planes they can handle. Different size towers can handle more or less staff and there more or less planes.

Daniel then people will just build large ATCT and move on. Small and Medium ATCT won’t be used anymore. Also imagine that in the future, smal ATCT can be used as GA Pilot’s lounge :open_mouth:

Or at least have it where if you get a certain amount of x passengers then unlock Medium ATC etc.

1 Like

Not if you lock medium and large ATC behind procurement.

Though I disagree that ATC should cap the number/type of stands you don’t have. ATC is more tied with runway operations.

1 Like

Am I the only here thinking of modular ATC center? So it’s like this.

The size of the ATC doesn’t matter much on runway operations. They only determine the office space of the air controllers.

Now, in order to bring a runway to operational, at the minimum one needs one ATC console and manned by one ATC officer. One fully manned ATC console can handle X amount of traffic per hour. Therefore, to increase the capacity operations of the runway, you need more fully-manned ATC consoles.

BTW @Jettuh: will we see an ATC tower similar to the on in the home-page of Airport CEO’s website?

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking the same way, but instead of just a flat rate where 1 ATC can handle x movements, it could be tied to some stat for them. With the current system it would probably be handle stress, but in a redesigned system there could be one just for ATC called “work rate” or something along those lines. So if you hire better ATCs, you can handle more movements with the same number of ATCs and towers.

Other stats could have an impact too. Pleasantness could impact airline satisfaction as pilots don’t want to deal with grumpy controllers and technical could impact the rate of or ability to handle incidents once that is implemented.

uhm my large ATC tower is based on the Schiphol tower :wink:

6 Likes

Why not the cool one already in the front page?