2 Terminal Operations

or have a raise foundation with a service road tunnel through lol

1 Like

count yourself as lucky I built all medium ramps at my new large terminal and with it all functional it’s down to 9 fps and i don’t have enough staff to supply it

@BAWLAD Correct me if I’m wrong, but the reason your passengers are not checking in at the other terminal is because the one baggage bay I can see is linked to the checkin desks on the left terminal wing? This means all passengers for all flights must go and check in at this place, since it is the only way their bags will get to the baggage bay.

If you were to create a separate baggage bay and system for your terminal on the right, passengers will have to checkin there and that should hopefully create the right pathfinding. Currently, the baggage system is the only proxy the game has to link checkin desks to aircraft gates, subsequently separating out your terminals. :slight_smile: Hope that makes sense!

1 Like

What you saying, is that he should connect baggage bays to the stands at the right with checkin desks in the right wing to get PAX thataway.

1 Like

In a recent post called small to big there is an example of separate terminals with separate secure areas working

I can confirm that separate terminals will work if setup correctly but there are some aspects not optimal such as staff job allocation. Staff is not aware of two security areas and might take a job in terminal B while being in terminal A. So you need to have a walkway in between them but this is not necessary to be secure. Regarding check in desks you can assign them to the cargo bay attached to the stands in terminal A, that way you can also control which check in desk will be used for flights on a particular stand. Another thing to think of is the bus stops which don’t have any logic around terminals so passengers will spawn at random bus stops so you need to have walking access to both terminals. So even if multi-terminal is not 100% supported by us yet, it should still be possible. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hopefully it will be fully implemented soon!

YOU my friend are a bloody genius. Set it up like that and sure enough it works.

2 Likes

Glad to hear! It’s only a proxy at the moment until real multi terminal support is implemented :slight_smile:

Hey guys, how do you implement this?

Do they have to be separate secure zones?

I’ve got a separate wing, although linked but some passengers enter the left security, others the right. Then they get stuck. Same with exiting a secure zone, some choose to go to the left exit and others the right.

Secure zones need to be completely separate. Exitings has no relation with multiple secure points. PAX just choose an exit.

Cheers for the reply,

So they can be same building, but aslong as the secure zones are separate it should work?

I tried having a corridor inbetween that was not secure, so had an exit and another security point, just for staff but that didn’t seem to work.

Do you mind showing us some screenshots with zones toggled on? It might better help us work out what the issue is :slight_smile:

I have observed that in one huge terminal some people like to seat anywhere usually not close to gate. They also like to buy things at the other end of terminal. In result they dont reach gate for boarding. At departure time max 2/3 of planes capacity were boarded. Staff is reluctant to let plane go when people are “on way” to the gate. 2-3hrs delays were normal.

Since all flights were delayed and airline satisfaction dropped below 20%, I decided to split one big terminal to 3 “wing-terminals”.

Security zones have to be perfectly separated (including ready walls), and game restarted. Otherwise security zones will not update and pax will use wrong security checks.

I am testing solution now.

1 Like

Let me guess, your “rebuild” queue was 3000 pieces to “change”? :stuck_out_tongue:

No :wink: I just built walls marked in yellow…

Checkpoints and exits are 80% old places.

Solution working perfectly now. Boarding closed 1 hour ahead of departure! All planes taxing at departure time or short after.

aceo2

Interesting, I’ve been experiencing similar problems so I might give this a go to see if it makes a difference, though my setup is less easily separated by walls etc. I think @Olof said they were looking into the issue of passengers being far away from the gate regardless :slight_smile:

Pax will get the same treatment as vehicles during next week in regards ro exception handling and I will also make sure to make them smarter, i.e. making sure that they wont run across the entire termimal to get to a certain shop. But yeah, I’m watching the convo here! :slight_smile:

And there I was hoping for a “never a stuck passenger ever” piece. :slight_smile::smiley: