Walls Dissappear

Hey everyone,

Ive noticed that there have been several times I have come into my game or have gone to another area of my map and then come back and walls are missing. They’re only missing beside my medium doors that lead out to my small stands. Is there any solutions or is that a bug that is being worked on now?

Hi

This works as designed. Stands require a 4 tile wide entrance/exit. From you screenshot’s point of view, the left one will be used to enter, the right one for arrivals. The two in the middle won’t be entered by any passenger and can be used to build a plant, wall or whatever.
This is the current solution to make a passenger separation if you want that for your airport.

2 Likes

Yes, as no-fun said. Just use large doors… :slightly_smiling_face:

Gotcha. Thank you @nofun! I didn’t realize that this was the case for all the gates. I knew the large stands had that for sure, but not the small or medium stands

1 Like

This works as designed. Stands require a 4 tile wide entrance/exit. From you screenshot’s point of view, the left one will be used to enter, the right one for arrivals. The two in the middle won’t be entered by any passenger and can be used to build a plant, wall or whatever.
This is the current solution to make a passenger separation if you want that for your airport.

No, it’s broken. It didn’t use to do this prior to Beta and possibly Alpha 36. But honestly, a door wiping out a wall… that makes no sense.

It’s the current solution to allow passenger separation since alpha 35. Not the final one as once mentioned by the devs.

When you use jetways you see it better. But when you don’t use jetways, it also requires the left and the right block for the passengers while the two in the middle will never be touched by a passenger.
I know it doesn’t look nice.

The wall gets removed automatically after a reload, otherwise passengers get stuck and do not find a path.

1 Like

We’re currently looking at improving this behavior. The issue is that we cannot allow players to build freely in this area as it causes a wide array of different issues relating to accessibility, however having doors bluntly removed is not very nice either so… we’re looking at it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

With relation to the boarding issues as shown above by No-Fun, a, in my head, simply solution would be a level setting in the stand options to say which floor PAX embark and egress the tunnel in a similar manner to the elevators.

But there is also room for some creative workarounds. As example:

4 Likes

@andyc Now this is cool! :smiley:

3 Likes

Do not forget to secure zone the extra pavement :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.