Walk-a-lators causing huge lag?

@olaf ACEO-34443

I think the walk-a-lators brought my airport and computer to its knees. I started to install them recently after 40k passengers. The lag steadily grew. I dismissed it as being related to the catering and cabin cleaning backlogs. Those posts are all over. Now, started eliminating them to see, and even before they are physically removed, the lag is already getting better, quickly. Anyone else having this issue? I’ve never had them cause problems before. It’s a1000x1000 airport with 5 terminals, but it ran 250 flights a day with 40k pax nearly without a hitch and now with 34 and 20k, the fans are begging for a break and the lag makes the airport unplayable almost.

Well, they’re all deleted now, and the game returned to a normal pace, granted with 3000 pax in a terminal without arrivals and departures, yet 1900 arrivals.

Thanks for reporting, but please keep in mind that changing the map size can affect all kinds of mechanisms in game which would normally not happen in a base game map. Also please remember that when the map size or any other game settings in game files are changed support is dropped. This is apart from the ones the devs have given their green light, like emergency settings.

It’s fine to discuss these issues here, but please make a note in your post (and/or title) that this is with an altered map size, so the devs know they don’t have to pay attention to the issue. Same for reporting with the in-game bug reporter, please always mention that you have altered the map size. If you encounter these issues in a standard map size as well, please bug report it again with that save.

I find the pathfinder and the walkelators could use more optimization for sure.

You have to design walkelators with the AI in mind, to optimally use them, what is weird if you ask me.

Also, I found, that you cannot build them in the close block-radius you build the shorter ones. They need more distance. The walkelators should have a reservation for that.

In my experiment, 4 blocks was to short for optimal usage, 6 worked. But maybe someone else can repeat that.

It’s fine to discuss these issues here, but please make a note in your post (and/or title) that this is with an altered map size, so the devs know they don’t have to pay attention to the issue. Same for reporting with the in-game bug reporter, please always mention that you have altered the map size. If you encounter these issues in a standard map size as well, please bug report it again with that save.

Umm…

ACEO-34443 … Anyone else having this issue? I’ve never had them cause problems before. It’s a1000x1000 airport with 5 terminals, but it ran 250 flights a day with 40k pax nearly without a hitch and now with 34 and 20k, the fans are begging for a break and the lag makes the airport unplayable almost.

I already did exactly what you asked. Why are you lecturing me to do what I have already done in reporting. I have included the same things you already ask, each time I use the bug report feature as well. Oddly, why the new lecturing about it at all. This is the first time the canned response has ever been used, in two places mind you, when editing the map size is something people have been doing for years. Interesting side @Puma, I’ve been playing the game longer than you have. Thanks for the guidance. I’ll be sure to keep your suggestions in mind.

But back to the case in point, this has never been a problem before. It was now. After they were deleted, everything got better. Map size… maybe. error that will come up when they look at map size because it’s related to map size… maybe. Why map size is unlikely… because when I started placing them, I starting placing them on the closest terminal and the slow down started immediately. When someone else posted they too were having problems with walkalators… and I was watching the same issues… two times same issue, different maps… pattern. I do pattern analysis for a living. Happy hunting brother.

@Olof The point still exists and is still valid. Take it or leave it. I understand you guys are probably getting a lot of weird reports as you build out the game. The response from the community leader left a lot to be desired. My apologies if I have wasted any of your time in bringing this to your attention.

@Bardaek you may have joined the forum before @Puma, but @Puma has been engaging with the forum far more actively than you have.

P.S: People either tend to overlook the dimensions of the map or they simply might not remember that 1000X1000 are the dimensions of an altered map. So, that’s why it is better to mention that it is an altered map. :slight_smile:

P.P.S: Although there is an olaf in the forums, if you intended to mention one of the devs, his name is “Olof”. Given how long you’ve been playing ACEO, I’m surprised you don’t know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

I don’t want to mess with this conversation as I joined only not to long ago, but can we please not talk about this here?

1 Like

I find the pathfinder and the walkelators could use more optimization for sure.

I felt like something was off with them too. The bug and post were submitted for the same concern, openly stating the map size, so it could be taken for what it was worth. Something wasn’t working. Sure, it could be me. It usually is. But this time, things were different. One difference is the proximity. I had never placed them in immediate proximity before this, but the length of the skyway is such that other options would have extended them past a point where it would have created a problem. I had also never seen the spilling out prior to this build. The problem with that though, I was also seeing pax walk on the sides of the walk-a-lators instead of in the groove, that was new as well.

In my experiment, 4 blocks was to short for optimal usage, 6 worked. But maybe someone else can repeat that.

@jasperwillem fascinating the distance/block comment you mention. I had noticed a few times there was a strange, almost spilling out like effect in the walk-a-lators. I don’t think I saw the same behavior when they are placed in the more than immediate proximity. Even using planters to make them into a sequential positioning, they would now pile out.

1 Like

@ilios21
Thanks for your response, Thanks for the clarification on Olaf. I had not noticed the tag change.

@Olof Apologies as stated above.

Not sure at all what might be causing this, maybe @Fredrik can do some tests, however we currently do not provide bug fixes on modified maps because of the reasons explained in this topic.

I studied abroad in Canada when the Frozen movie came. It was not an easy time.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.