Various DLC ideas

Same here - visuals are not everything.

As the devs mentioned, minor optimizations can still come. But not in the size of such a large feature like cargo, hotels management etc.

And I think this is mandatory. You can’t sell a new software and then abandon it directly after release. Also bugfixing has to be done within warranty time.

1 Like

I actually don’t care too much about the next step of the production team, because I believe their games will not go bad. So as long as their next game is related to aviation, I will definitely buy it, either Airport CEO2 or Airport CEO3D can be

This is one of the core issues with the ACEO code vase, a lot of the variables and system we use are “set in stone” in a way that’s not optimal at all for modding and that would be really hard to get out of. It’s one of the major drawbacks of being an inexperienced developer at the start of building the game - many of the most important systems were built when we were the least knowledgeable about how to write for customization.

It’s one of the main things we’ll focus on for whatever the next thing we build is.

Yeah… I don’t think that’ll really suit us. Would unfortunately just amount to a lot of micromanagement on out part, probably not with very great results. In my opinion, the one thing you really can’t outsource with game development is the code.

Well said and I fully agree, gameplay kills graphics 10000 over. Regardless, our next title, whatever it may be, will definitely be in 3D as we want the challenge and need the experience - plus it’s been hell developing in the current “2D but still a lot of depth perspective” style, sprites and z-value do not go well together.

2 Likes

I would agree with a well made 2D game over a 3D game, but in the case of airplanes the livery (the thing I want to see most) are usually on the side or the tail and doesn’t go well with a top-down 2D game.
Some airlines have little on the fuselage tops or the wings of the plane and they end up becoming mostly white from a top down view.

Hi guys…new to aiportceo and absolutely love it…Going 3d for airportceo can be a gamechanger for example look at simcity compared now to city skylines…If done right can be immense…cheers :slight_smile:

If there’s a little plane package (maybe up to ten) new planes with maybe a new airline or two for a little “support us on the way to ne next game” price, let`s say maybe 1-3 euro im pretty sure a lot of guys would buy it / support you. just sayin. i definetly would.

of course that would not count as “dlc”.

3 Likes

No new major DLC”s?

Vintage?
cough cough
:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.