The 3/5 features you want implemented next

Modular Security - https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/summarized-modular-security-checkpoint-infrastructure/759?u=bigbigcheese

Just a couple thoughts that came to mind. Mainly things that I didn’t see mentioned or probably missed…

In terminal transit system - (carts/trams) Here at MSP we use ‘Carts’ that are similar to golf carts to help elderly passengers and family’s (with younger children) get the their gates faster and/or help people running late to flights arrive more quickly.

Alternative Airport Options - Such as ‘outsourcing’ various parts of your airport to logistics companies, (Ex. Postal service/FedEx or Amazon… Obviously with different names) or possibly even military logistics* (A lot of times when soldiers are shipped out to their bases they are sent through airports in ‘Private’ sections that are roped off… Maybe as a random event*?)

1 Like

Hi there EventHorizon, welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

Your suggestions have (at least partly) been discussed, where the developers have stated their interest. However, these will not be in the initial release.

2 Likes

Thanks! That really helped!

Does anyone know if luggage carts are in the game? I’m sure I saw a screenshot with them in but thought it was more for aesthetical purposes than actually used by passengers…

They served as testing objects for a while but have since then been removed as they require a bit more complex passenger behavior to implement nicely. They’ll definitely come back as an update though!

13 Likes

My top list. :grinning:
1.Remote stands
2.Cargo freight terminal
3.Transport system( Metro,Train,Taxi,Rent car, parking garage etc…)
4.New planes (Airbus, Boeing, Embraer)
5.Hotels

2 Likes

Catering:
A catering business to supply airlines with their food. You improve your catering shop from crap to good to excellent and as the food improves, better airlines may sign a contract with you. The drawback is that the more airlines you sign, the higher demand and more efficient your catering shop needs to be. It also takes up space so if you plan to go all out on catering you will have to plan ahead in the design of your airport. If your catering shop fails to deliver the amount of food required or not delivering the food on time would create unhappy airlines, maybe fines to your airport,low staff morale.

Plane mechanic/maintenance shop:
Similar to catering but you offer the airlines a chance to use your facilities to maintain and repair their aircraft. The better the service and more equipment your airport has, the more repairs and maintenance you can offer. The bigger jets would require a huge mechanic shop for them to even contemplate using it. You also need to plan a space in your design as you would need a lot of room to get the best workshop to attract the lucrative big airline contracts.Also a plane being repaired or serviced would need to sit in a space for a while so you would have to schedule correctly for the amount of available slots you have or you may fail to deliver the service on time.

I think this would give the option to specialize your airport into one of these areas if you wanted to add more in depth to the play and also help keep interest in the late game. Specializing could be very profitable if done well, but if your specialization is not so good, fines and disgruntled airlines may send you broke.

Just an idea i would like to see.

3 Likes

Catering hopefully will be implemented quickly! It is huge part of airport ops

1 Like

Airline HUBs. Ability to build hangers for AC parking and MX for aircraft. Allowing a single Airline to have there own hangers and own terminal wing/gates and ticketing desks

This is my plan for multi level
http://prntscr.com/ggqxfe

Here is a few things

1. Cargo planes/sections/terminals
  2. Incidents (Would also require more security stuff)
  3. Review system

Passengers, airlines and shops do as I understand already rate your airport and the contract you get are dependent on your rating.

Feel free to check my other thread out, the review system goes in depth about how secure security is as well as what luxury items you have etc…

1. ability to assign check in to gates - that way we should be able to have multiple terminals
  2. Ability to move an item already constructed without having to demolish and rebuild
1 Like

Agreed. Would also like to assign gate seats/a zone to a boarding desk. That would also prevent people sitting at the ‘wrong’ gates’.

1 Like
  1. time dilation when path-finding queue tops out
  2. staff restriction zones (mark zone’s for cleaners, technicians, etc… that they cannot leave).
  3. one way taxilanes
  4. one way doors
  5. templating by saving a marked area, whereafter the template can be build as a whole from a game menu. (think queues, waiting area’s, shop layouts, etc, etc).
  1. Information warnings clickable, so that one can find and action problem, i.e PAX problems etc.
  2. Conveyor belts that can cross.
  3. Zoom to mouse cursor.
  4. Take off/landing on both ends of runways, dependent on wind conditions.
  5. Flight info screens clickable to show departure and arrival info.
  6. ATM’s, vending machines and other cash making devices.
2 Likes
  1. Multiple Floors
  2. Emergencies inside the airport (fires, power cuts ect)
  3. Car Parks
  4. Multiple Terminals
  5. Flight Connections
3 Likes
  1. Realistic Routes and Destinations
  2. Multiple Terminals
  3. Airline Specific Check-in Desks
  4. Car Parks
  5. Flight Connections
  6. One Way Taxiways
  7. Many More Stand Variations

I could go on for hours! :grinning: