Runways Built On Water

Some airports are built next to an area with water, if they want to extend their runway they usually have to extend it into the water. By doing this it takes more time as they have to build it up in the water and it takes more money.

Could this be added into the game? Would be an extra challenge as you have to decide to build a new one cheaper on land or a bigger one on the water for more cost and time?

Search up Wellington Airport Runway extension if you would like some more info on this

Any Questions etc. Ask below

1 Like

Why not add your idea to the other thread?

But i can imagine it would just cost you a hefty price to place the tiles.

It is different, they are talking about actual runways made from water. This is about building land runways in water

True. This idea is a lot easier to implement

Wouldn’t it make more sense to make it so that runways can’t be built on water but instead there are terrain tools that’ll allow you to construct new land? Essentially it’s the same thing, but from a development perspective it make more sense to set the rules that way.

Different terrains are on the development list but no anywhere near the top so this would be something that we would look at once different terrains have been implemented. The environment and stuff like trees, bushes, grass, dirt patches and stuff like that will see an iteration before any release but it’s unsure wether water would make it to the initial stage.

4 Likes

To be honest i would never use water planes myself, so im not worried if this is not added to the game.

-1 on the water idea. I really don’t care about water or terrain. If it was a 3d game, sure, water and terrain would be cool to make airports in the mountains or like Madeira…but in 2D, which imho is better, we don’t need terrain or water.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.