Random Unity crashes when leaving the game [solved]

I have tried submitted a bug report entitled “Random Unity crashes when leaving the game” as requested. Once I hit send the sidebar stayed open with the message “Sending report” and I left it like that for about an hour, not sure if it’s actually sent or not?

I get exactly the same problem when trying to send a bug report

I see the report in the backlog, thanks! :slight_smile:

Something to look at tomorrow @Alexander?

2 Likes

We have identified the problem, will hopefully supply a fix tomorrow! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice … (Can we use some of this after vacation motivation to get a new plane?)

3 Likes

Ask @Fredrik:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Let me know how it goes! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve tried it yesterday evening.

1st attemp from save game to main menu was successful, after that i’ve exit the game normal.
2nd attemp from save game to main menu has crashed, 3rd attemp from save game to main menu has also crashed.

I will ongoing further tests.

EDIT: After many tries (about 10 to 15) yesterday evening/night and this morning it didn’t crash anytime when i’m leaving the save game to main menu (without saving).

Not working for me either, I’ve tried saving and then loading the save and I CTD.

EDIT: also getting CTD when quitting to main menu, but not always

But leaving the game to desktop goes much quicker than before and without crash (so far)

/edit: Exit to menu still crashes

Allright, we’ll keep digging! Thanks for the feedback!

3 Likes

We’ve deployed another update, same version number, and were unable to reproduce the issue. Can someone confirm that its been sorted?

Not sure if it is due to the same issue but the game now keeps crashing for me when I try to save the game both automatically and mannually. I played the game off line with Steam’s cloud service turn off.

Welcome

Do you also get this Unity crash window with the black/yellow logo or is it directly switching to your dekstop?
Is it Windows or Mac?

I get the Unity crash window and then the program crash, following by ending back to my desktop.
I am playing on a computer running Window.

I just try running with the “experimental branch” patch but it still crash. Thank you for your welcome.

It seems to be working so far for me.

1 Like

We’ve now verified that the specific thread related crash this topic mentions has been fixed, if @VirutalCEO is experiencing any other type of crash I recommend that you start a new topic and provide us with more details! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.