Questions for The devs

I just wanted to as the devs some questions on ACEO and hardware questions.

1. What kind of computer did you work on to create and run the game on.
  2. what requirements do you guys recommend we play besides whats on the steam page to get full 60-30 fps and not have the frame drop.
  3. How much time will it be after the EA release till we have a big update and what will that update focus on.
  4. Do even you guys meet the required specs to even run ACEO because in your dev log video updates see you guys labeled your hardware but it did not meet the recommend hardware on the steam page?
2 Likes

Everything is on the steam page.

Steam Page:

Hi there @Stickydounut!

The devs have described their machine as a “medium range machine”, as seen below.

Point 2 completely depends on the airport you are planning on building - a small airport will not need as powerful a machine as a mega airport.

The devs have said that there will be monthly updates on the main, stable version, and these will range in size.

And the requirements on Steam are technically just rough recommendations -they can vary quite a lot.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. Early 2015 MacBook Pro (2,6 Ghz Intel Core i5, 8 GB MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB) and a Windows PC (Intel Core i7 2600K, 16 GB MHz DDR3, GeForce GTX 560TI)
  2. It is very hard to say. Steam requirements are somewhat a guess but anything better than that is of course very good.
  3. We anticipate that the first 2 weeks will mostly consist of hotfixes and general improvements. After that we have decided to look into the flight planner, more aircraft, optimization etc. We will also create some kind of public vote system.
  4. Yes, our hardware is not the newest but Airport CEO still runs very well.

If you are worried about performance, you can always buy and try for less than 2 hours. If it doesn’t meet your expectations, you can always refund and wait for us to release optimization fixes. We will continuously work with optimization, thus the game should get better and better as more improvements are made.

8 Likes

I mean this you people…

These are just recommendations for the steam page. I want to really know how much of a system I need to build something like LAX

Based on your system how much frames are you getting for say a medium sized airport.

Also how much frames can I get for my own system:

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745
Memory: 8.0 GB

Sorry If i’m asking too much I’m just excited for it as everyone else but its like games I have gotten excited for in the past are not a disappointment but it’s I can’t run them as smoothly like Cities skylines

I know unity and steam have some analytic software that can pull people’s pc/mac specs, my guess as a indie developer apoapsis studios doesn’t have a wide enough usage/test base group to provide required specs for an lax style airport. Ballpark specs maybe. My guess is we have to wait until alpha gets going before more definitive specs are provided.

There are so many factors the can cause frames to drop (number of passengers, number of objects, size of world, zoom level etc.), that I can’t simply answer that. I don’t think you should expect Cities Skyline performance (which is developed by a large game studio with several developers working fulltime) to Airport CEO, which is developed by two guys on their free-time. If this is a deal breaker, I suggest you wait until we have released some performance fixes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should 16 GB of RAM and a gtx 960m i7 7200u 3.6GHz run well?

Thanks but since I at least meet the recommend requirements on the steam page I should be fine.
:wink:
Thanks

How do you know they won’t change?

AFAIK, Space Engineers also changed their requirements.

Im sure. I would guess the game is going to be more cpu heavy than gpu, and thats a pretty decent cpu, and a lot of ram.

2 Likes

thanks! :stuck_out_tongue:

I have Late 2015/Early 2016 PC Build, runs current games just fine since mid 2016 games. Games that are Heavy Graphic, Heavy AI example here are my specs,

BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/16/16
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 / Can have SLI Support = Planning to Upgrade
Display Memory: 12229 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4062 MB
Monitor Model: DELL SE2716H
Monitor Id: DEL40DA
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

I have no worry’s running Airport CEO to much.

Might want to update the CPU as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Well CPU is been running lot’s of new games lately, it works very well! If I upgrade the CPU to 7600K I need whole new motherboard, will save my money for that later.
I did my homework on Intel® Core™ i5-4690K CPU it is allot newer compare to steam page vs Processor: Intel: Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz | AMD: 3 GHz (or higher).

1 Like

4 core cpu at 3.5 ghz should run this game just fine, along with the 16 gigs of ram.

1 Like

Reading this topic, we should have a dedicated “Can you Run It?” topic.

3 Likes