POLL: Help pick the next light (non-GA) aircraft in Airport CEO!

No I have been looking airline’s fleet on Wikipedia. Sometimes some data are not updated on every page.

@Matex, I think you meant to post that here.

1 Like

Oh mine. I should have checked which topic I had opened.

There website says they have one.

Yeah, finaly a new non-ga small aircraft :wink: of course im am missing jets, but nonetheless: YEAH!

2 Likes

Share you ideas for Jets. More votes will take place and we always welcome suggestions.

Noted @parillos. :slight_smile:

I did ask for more suggestions for small planes the other week in this thread…

1 Like

How about this
Fairchild swerington metroliner II

2 Likes

Yes, keep them coming too. The more suggestions the better as far as I’m concerned.

BTW that’s the Perimeter Aviation livery I’ve wanted to mod the airline for a while & than I looked at there fleet

Mine is as well, I just dug a little deeper into the outlier that had 24 aircraft. I did that because it seemed strange to me based on the other research I have been doing on the small aircraft side of things. I have a feeling we are using small aircraft on the basis of how we remember airlines operating. I remember when operators under US Air Express used to have scheduled flights in airplanes such as a Cessna, the 1900D, and the EMB 120. But looking into that most of those had stopped flying in the mid-2000’s. I then looked at all the major airlines in Europe and saw that none of those fly anything that small anymore either. I looked through the airlines that serve airports in the northern parts of Sweden and found AIS Airlines as the only regional provider that flew something that small (the Jetstream 32).

Airlines have trended away from the use of small aircraft as oil prices steadily rose. The Beechcraft 1900’s went out of production as more and more airlines started choosing to fly 50+ seat airplanes. @ls4a535 is right that wikipedia says that the 1900’s are flown by a bunch more airlines. But most of those are now cargo planes. Ameriflight, Alpine Air, Skylink, and Solenta are all cargo companies. SonAir does fly domestic service in Angola but they were created and still mainly support the oil industry there. So their 1900D’s are used, I think, primarily to get people into airports near oil fields. The only two main passenger service fleets are based in Canada. All of Air Georgia’s flights are out of Calgary to 3 nearby smaller locations and Central Mountain mainly flies into remote locations in British Columbia.

All of this isn’t to say I’m against having small aircraft in the game. They can be fun to see and, if used correctly, would add a neat element to the game that other games like this don’t have. But when a plane like this is put in, is flying on 6 different airlines, and the airport you run has more scheduled flights for that type of plane than there are in the rest of the world? That isn’t for me so I skip over using them. But if that is what people want to be able to do I’m not about to say you shouldn’t. I just want to point out that if we are going for realism then this is what the reality is for those sorts of planes. But it is a game, so in the end it should be whatever people will enjoy the most.

2 Likes

Gotta love the King Air

I guess part of the problem is that we don’t have a stand that is an optimal size for the 20-50 seat aircraft (like the EMB-120, ERJ135/145, Saab 340, Dash 8-100/200). The small stands will be too small for them and the medium stands are unnecessarily big for them. So we’re stuck in the <20 seat category for the small stands, where there are lots of different aircraft options but few operators having large fleets of them.

2 Likes

I guess that says it all.

As much as I personally prefer games that try to be as realistic as possible, I guess there is always a trade-off between realism and fun. And especially on the aircraft side I would love to have a wide range of different aircraft types so to avoid the very boring situation we experience today at real-life airports.

From a simple design aspect, I would love to see the MD-80 (or to be more modern: Boeing 717) series in the game. These kind of aircraft would add a very distinct shape, especially from the top-down point of view.

1 Like

I agree, but when I get those thoughts I do have to remind myself that those two specific aircraft are almost concentrated in one country: U.S.A. And I know that is just a fraction of the representation of players on here. What may be “standard” in your country is not standard in everyone else’s, and actually may be the opposite. So, for the medium craft, I would assume its safe to go with very common aircraft that we have not seen hit the graveyards en masse yet (A320 family, 737s, 757s - yes old, but not viable replacement yet).

You guys know what is the answer: Fully customizable stands by players. Everything; stand size, direction, hetway location/floor, any road from any direction will be set by player. Like how taxiways are.

5 Likes

Going with the 1900D as it provides the most PAX for the small stand. I’d like to see something a bit bigger in there if it fits, like one of my very favourite planes, the Do 328.

Also, I’m flying in a 1900D this coming Tuesday. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have a pleasent flight! :wink:

I also would love to see the Do 328. Not only origins the company from my hometown, i also like the dual design with turbofans and jet engines.

2 Likes

Boutique Air operates the Beach Super King Air. Great Lakes is no longer operating. Tayfolia Air operating in Samoa uses the Aero Commander 680.

Also, why not the pilatus PC-12?

1 Like

Voted for the Beech 1900D. A type that should have been in the game from the start IMHO.