Planning tools

I know this has already been suggested and it doesn’t seemed to have gained much support, but I can’t see why.

When you’re dealing with thousands of passengers and baggage and tens/hundreds of planes and vehicles, it would be immensely useful to have planning tools. When I end up building too big or too small for a check-in area, shops etc. I always think it could have been averted if I could have drawn out my plans in the game (instead of visualizing the squares or using paint or something).

I would propose a simple Prison Architect sort of solution - different shading for paths walls floors roads etc., and the addition of free-placed labels too (like “terminal expansion here” or whatever you’re planning). Many minutes and even hours, as well as my sanity, could be saved with such tools :slight_smile:

6 Likes

For me (as a new player) this would be the single best addition to the game right now.

4 Likes

Yeah, but for some reason?, it gets ignored, and you would think that this would be implemented long before anything…

Strange?

All the work went into the ‘tutorial’ I guess :wink:

Just a ‘separate’ paint brush on top of game layer would even do, doesn’t have to be super integrated. :slight_smile:

With them bringing in multi-level, it’s even more far off now unfortunately.

1 Like

To the planning tool i would add a copy too. I got used to test a layout but then i have to manually copy it everywhere. It would be easier to select an aera and then copy paste it elsewhere.

1 Like

Olof has already mentioned a copy tool will be forthcoming.

If people really like this idea they can vote for it in the next feature voting round:

i think its even in the last devblog :wink: see the picture of the roadmap

Yes, this is very important and I find it ultra handy in SimAirport,

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.