Passengers On Stand Tarmac

If you already reported the issue via bug reporting why you still create a topic?

1 Like

have you tried giving them a sidewalk?

Despite dozen or so airports I built, I forgot basic item: Advanced Secure Exit. Once built, over 1500 pax ran for the exit. Regardless, no pax should be on the tarmac, secure exit or not.

Just opened the airport and only have medium stands, also pax on the tarmac.

Yes I’ve been getting errant PAX wandering outside too. Have you bug reported?

Reported (ACEO-3680).

Have not done an investigation on when it happens, the airport is just open and saw it when scrolling. This is in the KLIA2 project I’m working on, which is a big airport in a way that pax have to walk long ways and flights are delayed massively because airport staff is never on time to board people. So could be connected to delayed/already left flights, have to do some observation.

Also notice in the picture the top middle stand, there you can see 1 airport staff and lots of pax (in fact ALL passengers for that flight, I believe 109) standing in front of the desk and they do nothing, just standing there. Probably waiting for the pathfinding system to find their objective, I will also have a closer look at that and report it if it looks like a bug.

Yep, i have the same problem, the staff is never on time to board people.

Will check your reports. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just noticed that personnel also use stand tarmac to walk to other places, they use the jet bridge to enter the tarmac. So looks like pax and personnel see the jet bridge as an opening, like when you have no corner piece where 2 walls connect.

@Olof this happens in the same save game as attached with ACEO-3680, just follow airport staff who are done at a boarding desk and walk back to the main terminal.

I noticed PAX leaving the tunnel when egressing the plane and then appearing on the stand outside. Staff have always used outside to get to places though.

1 Like

Staff have always used outside to get to places though.

Never noticed before, also with medium stands? When using small stands I can imagine as you have a door to the stand, but now they just ‘sneak’ through the jet bridge corner to get outside.

Yes for a long time they have. I found it wired they would exit out of a stand, but that’s just the shortest route I guess.

1 Like

Also notice in the picture the top middle stand, there you can see 1 airport staff and lots of pax (in fact ALL passengers for that flight, I believe 109) standing in front of the desk and they do nothing, just standing there. Probably waiting for the pathfinding system to find their objective, I will also have a closer look at that and report it if it looks like a bug.

Eventually the pax will board, but it takes a while before they start moving again. Queue count at the moment is around 1500, average calculation time around 3.3ms and there are around 2200 pax on the airport and 100 personnel.

Yes, I used “secure” zoning to block staff from entering stands sideways.

All right, so we’ve checked the saves that have had this issue reported and for one of the saves there was a missing secure zone exit (as stated) and for the other save we could not reproduce the issue (once we loaded the save there were no pax to be found at the stand, they might have managed to walk out of there with the new system). However, we are running the new path finding system which this issue might be related to and since we’re currently in a transition phase we’ve decided not to check these issues further.

We’re soon going to open up the internal branch for testing the new path finding system. If these type of issues occur there, we would like to get new reports on it but from a player that has verified experiencing the bug on the internal branch.

TL;DR: Could not reproduce bug. Let’s see if it’s still present on the internal branch when we test the new path finding system. If it does persist, we will fix it with a save that is verified to have been saved with 25.5-0! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any further details on the magical 25.5-0?

:stuck_out_tongue: :mantelpiece_clock:

2 Likes

So, 9pm by that clock :yum:

More like in a few minutes! :wink:

2 Likes

I let the save game run for a while and indeed not seen any pax on the tarmac again, no clue what caused that.

More like in a few minutes! :wink:

As in today? :scream_cat: