Passenger Check-In Before Baggage Handling

Hi there Kriegsspieler!

The item is already in the game to use, actually, it was there even before the single check - in desk was loaded in the game. You just need to unlock the double check-in desk before you can build it. This object can be unlocked under the R&D tab, medium-sized aircraft permit (or whatever its called in the English translation).

Patje89, no, I think you’re confusing the desk at boarding gate for the check-in desk. The boarding gate indeed does allow for a doubled size, but not the one for check-in.

But I suppose based on what no-fun has said I just have to put up with that crowd at the front of the terminal! At least until I can get some larger flights going.

You mean when the people are lining up for the check in or when they wait until the check in opens?
When you provide seating on different spots in the check in area, they should split up.

You mean this one does not exist?
Knipsel

Bagage does not have to be connected, you can leave it unused if you don`t activate bagage for your airport.

1 Like

The 75 people limit is new for me, such information should be listed in game.

That’s the standard since big birds came out last November.

But yes, it’s nowhere mentioned.
And baggage drops will make all calculations wortless as it does not apply to them.

3 Likes

Thank you, Patje – I’ll take a more careful look for it next time.

The medium check-in desk is unlocked with the Baggage Handling R&D. If you use it when you don’t have Baggage Handling set up, leave a space at the rear to put the baggage conveyor when you do.

And does it have to be linked to a baggage handling routine?
Because if so that’s not what I was asking about. It’s handling the crowds at check-in BEFORE you’ve got baggage handling.

I did not check lately, but that is also not listed in game anywhere.

You can use this without setting up baggage handling. It deals with twice the number that the small one you use when you first set up your terminal, so it will get rid of any large queues quicker.

Ok, thanks. I do wonder if a more transparent solution to all of this might be found. At the very least, some in-game help would be useful, I think.

It used to be available from the start, but was tied with baggage handling sometime about A35. The Devs obviously haven’t got round to tiding up all the little nuances like this. If it bothers you that much a bug report will draw their attention to it.

It doesn’t bother me at all. I simply posed a question for a situation for which there seemed to be no obvious or easy solution.

Just hover above the R&D projects, it says what items you will unlock with that project, items and following R&D projects that come available.

1 Like

Yes, before you start them you see what they do

The medium check in desk was not listed on the baggage R&D project, I have not checked recently.

I would say extended commercial licence

It’s not listed, but it is included with the Baggage Handling R&D.

2 Likes

ok, I guess it needs to be. If you don’t have automation and don’t have that desk then there is no other way to check in baggage

1 Like