[NEW Concourse A/B Pictures!] -- Albuquerque International | Sunport (ABQ) -- Gates-22 med + 6 sm + GA & Charter

ABQ is starting to take longer and longer to load. 10-15 mins now. its getting bigger. :rofl: but its looking beautiful. Having some issues with conveyer belt tip trays not splitting luggage. Gotta figure that out. No “Grand Opening” date set as of yet.

1 Like

Maybe submit it to Olof as test loading airport.

gotta work out the tip tray issue so I can get baggage going. but yeah, maybe. :slight_smile:

in the meantime, here are some updates shots of landslide/ticketing and Concourse A

Im going have to add double or more security checkpoints as well… There is no way Ill be able to open both concourses at the same time with only 12 security checkpoints. But thats all I had room for for the size allowed based on the real airport. Gonna have to expand Security Checkpoints to the east (Concourse A) side where the 2 Vehicle Depots are in the middle

Landslide/Ticketing (night time)

Concourse A

And for the scale of things. here is roof level of most of the terminal and Airport Ops.

oh yeah… baggage preview:

5 Likes

Havy you already tried rightclicking on the tilt trays and then change the setting to “Destination”? That worked for me when the tilt trays stopped working properly.

yes, I did that and got it fixe, thanks, baggage is working awesome now!

1 Like

Update: The Airport is coming along nicely! Just need moveable walkways for the long terminal walks so the passengers all get to their flights on time and have a little time to sit and relax on the beautiful brown leather armchairs in the holding rooms, visit shops that will soon open and check out the observation deck on the 4th floor to enjoy the ABQ view and check out some cool aircraft! Enjoy!

PS… The pictures all line up with one another so when you view them floor by floor you can see how everything lines up! And you gotta love the google maps comparison of the real airport!!! I love it!

And my baggage conveyer belt network is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and works perfectly now!!

8 Likes

Wow :open_mouth:

I am amazed that how you find interest and patience to build such a masterpiece. I would become bored and quit way way and WAY before :smiley:

https://forum.apoglabs.com/uploads/db1788/original/3X/b/9/b94cbff1feea0827ca1274ecbb13648a21905b85.jpeg

Are these sairs for ramp agents? Then I would say we definitely need narrower stairs (like 2x8) because there are just make huge dead spaces.

4 Likes

haha, yeah those are stairs for ramp agents and any other staff if I put offices down below the concourses.

I did a lot of preplanning before I actually started building the airport in the game so it went a lot faster with minor adjustments as actually built it. its all about the copy and paste templet tool!! This would take me weeks to build without the pre-planning in adobe xd or without the copy/paste tool.

3 Likes

here is my zoning for it the boarding ramp stairs:

Im also re-designing the C and E Gates because the boarding desks are too far away from the stands and the plane leaves before the passengers can walk from the boarding desks to the plane. But the plane will wait if the PSAgent doesn’t show up in time… kinda annoying, but I reported that as a bug. hopefully they fix it. I hope this works because I don’t want to move the stands over closer because then the one closer will be under the 2nd story part… I don’t want that.

3 Likes

Wow, this is really beautiful! well done sir!

4 Likes

The Observation Deck is now open for business (soft opening of course) as the airport hasn’t officially opened yet. Even a few family and friends of the employees came to shop and dine. :slight_smile: :shallow_pan_of_food: :books:

And more shops added in Concourse A, along with window installation, flooring, holdroom seating and plants, etc…

11 Likes

Very nice built! And indeed respect for the time and effort! I would just wait for the walkways to be introduced than the PAX and service staff should be able to make it on time to the gates.

2 Likes

Absolutely crazy build. A true gem! I think it’ll definitely operate a lot better running Alpha 33 and we’ve also got a few loading performance optimizations planned that might increase load time relating to spawning terminal foundation, walls and other tillable objects… stuff that you have a lot of in this build… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

simply awsome build :open_mouth:

1 Like

I think my next project will be in a similar vein :wink:

1 Like

Actually, after I started putting in shops and bathrooms etc… and slowed down the speed to one for much longer periods of time, and moved the passenger to aircraft ratio down to 70% and time between flights 2 hours, everything started to operate correctly, well other than the commuter C/E gates. Passengers started to show up to the gates with lots of spare time, even to shop, use the restroom and relax in the leather holding room chairs. And the aircraft started leaving on time too, actually even early! Staff started showing up early, well obviously if the passengers and aircraft were leaving on time, then the staff were there on time lol. I then moved the ratio back up to 100 and kept time between flights at 2 hours. its still working amazingly at speed one. I love it. Im so happy. its so much fun to watch everyone show up and shop, eat and leave on time!!!

haha, but yeah it does still take like 30 mins to load. that im fine with, it still runs smoothly when its finally loaded. not as fast as a small/medium airport, but nothing to complain about thats for sure!. The only thing that is annoying is when build walls then deleting them, it takes away the secure zone, and then when placing the secure zone back, I get the spinning ball of death, sometimes for a few seconds and sometimes for a few minutes before I can continue.

Ill show some screen shots of the airport in action with the flight monitor all green! :smiley: Just give me an hour or 2 to load the Airport. hahaha

Update:

Operations are running smoothly! All pretty much green! :+1: @Olof :slight_smile: you’re airport game is awesome!

Lots of happy passengers calmly waiting for their flight :smiley:

4 Likes

oh yeah? what airport you got in mind?

1 Like

A fictional one for Phoenix, a bit smaller.

1 Like

can’t wait to see what you create!

Here is my next area of focus today: Pre-Security Shop & Food Franchises, Bathrooms, Administration offices…

1 Like

:joy: Every time I load this airport now, I forget that I have loaded it because I go and work on something else while I wait for it to load. I have to turn up the volume on my computer so that I hear the game music start playing when it finally loads. But it cracks me up every time I hear the music. Im like… “oh yeah! I wanted to play ACEO!” …30-40 mins later! hahah :joy:

3 Likes