Music that will be used for this game

What type of music will this game have as to what soundtrack the developers create or is it borrowed from another source?

Update: Thank you to all who have responded. I didn’t know a simple question could turn into a full on discussion.

2 Likes

Hey Stickydounut, welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

Music hasn’t really come up yet.
There was initially some music, but that was removed when the game gained some traction, because it didn’t have the correct license

That’s about it :slight_smile: So to answer your question, no i don’t think the developers will create it themselves.
Perhaps after release they get enough money to get an artist to make some music for them, or it will be some royalty free music. We don’t know at this time :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have actually revisited this and in regards to that quote, the music will stay. We have a license valid for 10k copies and if we sell more than that we will expand the license! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

IMHO, I think if there are some money left after development, hiring an artist for some music would be preferable than royalty free music. That way, you can also more properly set the tone and mood of the game.

Though I’m a sucker for some lounge jazz and wish it was in (oh well, maybe if we can modify and add our own tracks in-game, that would be swell).

Or they allow you to play music from i.e. a local folder.

1 Like

Yeah, that would be an acceptable alternative at launch.

2 Likes

The funny thing is that both of us are musicians so we could theoretically do the music ourselves. I used to compose for fun for a few projects but it takes a lot of time if you want good result. It would be more likely that we would hire someone for Airport CEO. The music we have, will only play in the menu and not in game.

If you want to listen to my old music, you can listen to it here. :slight_smile:
Soundcloud - Fredrik

13 Likes

You make/made some really good menu music, though I can see how it’s not quite appropriate for the gameplay portion of ACEO :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

A musician and a game programmer/designer, who knew. Good tunes, btw.

6 Likes

Just saying I could really see ambiguous and flight being in the game but a customisable music folder for the actual in game experience would be a welcome adition!

2 Likes

If they add that it will probably not be for the initial release :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Diffrent people have diffrent taste in music so it really does depend. It’d be good if we could add our own music to play when we start up the game and remove tracks etc… I personally don’t like jazz and people would for sure dislike my prefrence on music so it really would be neat to have that feature.

Kind regards
ModeratorBot

You’d better be ready to expand that license on release day!

6 Likes

You can do that anyway easily, I’m sure you know. Turn off in-game music and just run a background task with whatever music you want. I’ve been doing that for years when the music of whatever game I’m playing is 1 track tedium.

1 Like

True :slight_smile:

Wait, with regards to the license, this is quite interesting. Won’t that mean Youtubers need to stay away from the music?

1 Like

Nah, it’s only in the main menu, there won’t be any music in the game world. Also I’m pretty sure that the main music will fall under fair use.

2 Likes

It gets annoying when in game music is present in my opinion. Having no music makes it better plus you can really pump up the sound effects in game

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Wishlist count already passed so yes, quite likely :smiley:

8 Likes

Completely agree. Except for The Sims series maybe, I don’t know how many hours I’ve listened to those tracks.

4 Likes