[Mod] AirportCEOTweaks 2.3.6: Misc Patch

Thanks for the response @andyc! Will have a look into it

Hello !
First of all, this tweak is of great quality and adds realism to the game and I thank you for the work you put into developing it.
However, I’ve noticed that after installing this tweak, international airlines don’t offer any flights, or only very rarely. For example, for my airport on the island of La Reunion, the contracts of airlines from elsewhere don’t offer any flights, despite several days’ waiting and the fact that I have a 5-star airport with many flights a day.
Do you have a solution to this problem, or is it planned to be corrected in the future?

Thanks for the feedback: flight distribution is time consuming for me to balance test since it should and does vary based on location and mods installed.

I’ve always planned to go back to the flight generation code for revision after gaining some community feedback such as this. I think the goal will be that airlines either generate at least one flight within two days or show to the player the reason why they can’t.

In the shift-F10 settings there is a flight generation multiplier. High values might cause the game to hang every half-hour in game, but this might be a partially working stop-gap.

Thank you very much for your reply!

My game closes when im loading the airport

Get the log file and upload it here, or upload it to some file-sharing service so we can see it. Instructions for how to do so are located at [Mod] AirportCEOTweaks 2.3.2: The Size Patch - #343 by zekew11

Update on current priorities:

1. Fix a bug wherein reloading a save will remove tweaks aircraft from current contracts. Harder than I thought. Very annoying.

1. A better door manager on the back end to customize service vehicle locations and requirements more easily. We all owe @dawed a big thank-you for doing the tedious work of adjusting them in the current system.

2. Finish the HUB system and re-balance flight generation to be more user friendly.

3. Some UI polish, especially to give more information around new systems.

1. The cool big stuff I have planned for the future
3 Likes

Wow, great things coming up!

Does this, by any chance, include the option to customize different airlines’ requirements depending on the plane size and flight time in their json file?

It contains different requirements depending on the airline’s rating. A one star airline is like a LCC who just wants to leave as quick as possible.

Yes, but a few posts above Zekew mentioned that he plans to introduce even further customization, depending on a given airline in its json file. E.g. in EU Raynair always requires baggage services, but not always cleaning. Currently there is no class where this would be the case - hence it would be great if this could be modified.

1 Like

Not forgotten about, but I’m not 100% happy with my current best plan for implementation. When I’m happy I’ll do it.

1 Like

Great, thank you zekew!

I’m currently experiencing some CTD with the mod installed. The crashes appear randomly when pressing F to access the flight planner, after which an error pops up and the game closes.

The crashes appeared after the 2.3 version

That is helpful info.

Because the crash is not occurring on my system, I won’t be able to track the cause down without a log file.

Use the button in the F10 menu to open the log file location. Keep this folder open in the background until the crash occurs. After the crash dm me the player.log either as plain text or as an attachment.

General Note To All

I started my new, permanent job this week. Once I’m settled in I expect to have more time available for modding than I have the past couple weeks, but I’m not sure yet when the general chaos of the adjustment will subside.

1 Like

A330 & A340 Aircraft Pack Update by @dawed

• Jetbridge fix on B767-200/300
  • Added Overwrite A330-300 including A330-300P2F
  • Added A340-200
  • Added A340-500
  • Added A340-600

Steam users receive the update automatically if subscribed to the pack. Non steam users should use the current github.

I personally can’t wait to see the longgg plane on my stands :wink:

meme stolen from @andyc

In all seriousness, much thanks to @dawed who has been pumping out these vanilla aircraft family extensions; its a lot of work.

3 Likes

I believe I sent you a log file on Discord when I experience this same issue :grin:

Looks soo cool!! It’s so long. I would love to see a second stair on the L2 door, that would be soo cool.

I can move the stair from back to the middle door… but i may wait for this idea until zekew11 have a good solution to be flexible on witch door a stair, truck or jetbridge should be

1 Like

That sounds very cool :stuck_out_tongue:

I am experiencing the same issue with CTD after trying to open the flightplanner. It always happens after some time into a session. I can open the flightplanner without issues a few times, but at some point it leads to the CTD.