[Mod] AirportCEOTweaks 2.3.6: Misc Patch

E190E2 Tweaks MDK (shown as E190 In-Game) is released now with following adjustments:

• New Nightwindows (LED Ambilight)
  • New Wings
  • New Stabilizer
  • New Shadow (Tweak 2.2 Beta 6 needed)
  • Correct Landing Lights
  • Correct Strobe Lights
  • Correct Port and Starboard Lights
  • Small position adjustments

E195E2 Tweaks MDK (shown as E195 In-Game) is released now with following adjustments:

• Stretched Fuselage
  • New Nightwindows (LED Ambilight)
  • New Wings
  • New Stabilizer
  • New Shadow (Tweak 2.2 Beta 6 needed)
  • Correct Landing Lights
  • Correct Strobe Lights
  • Correct Doorpositions
  • Other small Position improvements

Good to know: - Full compatible for non-tweak users, they will get the big E2 Engines and a special winglet that overlay the original vanilla winglet - E175E2 is coming too, but yet not in-real life released and no operating airline,

6 Likes

Q100/Q200 Tweaks MDK (shown as Q300 In-Game) is released now with following adjustments:

• Shortened Fuselage
  • Shortened Wing
  • New Shadow (Tweak 2.2 Beta 5 needed)
  • Correct Landing Lights
  • Correct Strobe Lights
  • Position adjustments

Known Issue
The aircraft is to small, there is not enough space for cabin cleaning truck, baggage truck and catering truck.
cleaning and catering trucks are overlaying the front and back engine a bit
the PAX walking under the Props…
Catering Truck use a non-existing door

1 Like

I see potential, if the tweaks mod could offer services depending on real plane size and accessories. How many PAX can it hold? Could the plane be sent to a hangar for cleaning?

Great work.

1 Like

Feel free to make requests: one of my goals is to open up the possibilities for mods which don’t get into the game code as much as I can..

Love what has been achieved with this mod so far, it feels like its unlocked so much more of the game!
I know maybe it a little off the usual; but would love a way of adding custom floor textures and such - am so bored of the current carpets haha

2 Likes

Not in the next month, but after :wink:

1 Like

It looks like something went wrong with your (first!) post: this is text from one of my early replies on this thread. Feel free to edit or respond below with what you meant to say, if applicable :slight_smile:

Hey guys!

I was away from this game for more than a year, but I recently came across this mod and it brought me back into the game.

Thank you all for this amazing mod providing so many new functions to the game! We really appreciate all your hard work!

Looking forward to all the amazing planned features!

Your 4ever fanboi,
geopilot

7 Likes

Progress Report:

I took the plunge and deleted a large chunk of the flight-types code from two updates ago. There is a backup of course, but the deletion is forcing me to address issues with that system with rebuilding better rather than band-aids. This is for the best.

I’ve also spent considerable time working with some of our favorite modders to roll out some new “livery features” that I think are worth getting excited about; but more on that when I have a public release. Big thanks to @dawed and @andyc for all the testing, feedback, and support.

Big thanks also to @humoresque, who’s up to his own really interesting code work, and who has contributed code, troubleshooting, and knowledge to some of the coming update’s new systems.

Other minor notes:

• When I do post the public release of the next update, I’ll be rewriting and consolidating the main post. This will coincide with a wiki being posted to the github page.
  • I’ve had some discussion with the modding group about the scope of this project and potentially splitting it into sub mods. The result is a acknowledgment that a split is due at some point, but an admission that I’m not ready to make that split yet.
  • Related to the above: “tweaks” is becoming much more of an overhaul than a set of tweaks. Per this reality, expect the modded experience to be alpha/beta like for the foreseeable future.
  • Related^2: If anyone were interested in forking off individual tweaks features to be distributed as separate small mods, please feel free to ask! This could allow some simpler features to be maintained at a higher level of stability for those who don’t want to go through the “early access” experience again :stuck_out_tongue: (I’d also love to seed other modders with “starting code” in an effort to get a little ecosystem going)
8 Likes

would be cool to see all the faces when you release those amazing livery features :smiley:

3 Likes

I started a new save game with the latest game version and this mod for the first time. I have a catering depot, catering contract and two catering trucks. Early on in the game catering was working OK on my single medium domestic stand, before I created a medium international stand. Now every flight is showing blue for catering, then showing 0 meals being loading before the icon then turns dark red for catering. This is also sometimes happening for some flights for baggage (icon showing blue) and I have baggage trucks assigned to the stand, and a surplus of staff. It is also sometimes showing blue for garbage collection and I have two garbage trucks. This is also after loading the save game and leaving it running for sometime. Saving and reloading does not fix this either. I know the game is a hot buggy mess, but was hoping this mod would fix some of those bugs. It seems to have made things worse than last time I played a game, where I had no problem with aircraft services failing to work like this.

The family of bugs you’re encountering is the reason for the feature re-write that is in progress mentioned a couple posts up. So these specific issues should be resolved by the next update. Current ETA is “I’m a month behind my initial ETA and just deleted a major part of the code”.

In general, I am a novice coder working with a code-base not built with modding in mind. I think I’m on a path of adding interesting gameplay features, but I do not expect to, on balance, make the game more stable than vanilla any time soon: I just have to get more comfortable with C# and the codebase and that means writing buggy code to rewrite later. I will occasionally fix, or more likely bypass, vanilla bugs as my code comes in contact with them, but the mod is not akin to the “community patch” mods that many other games have. All that said, I do want to at least fix my own bugs, and so appreciate the bug report: fix is WIP.

4 Likes

Lemme know if its just me but I’ve had some problems with the autoplanner, it takes years for it to schedule filghts although many are avilaible in the desired classes (small/mid/large regional/international)
Did i configure something wrong?
using autoplanner is unplayable for me at this point

thanks!
Eithan

The auto planner is not supported in the current version of tweaks; the renewal system as implemented means that once you set a schedule for a stand and are meeting the needs of those flights that schedule should persist. I realize this is still a big inconvenience on saves with 50-100 stands. I’m not sure what would be causing a refusal to schedule flights though; you might try canceling all flights via the debug menu.

Eventually the features in tweaks that modify turn around behavior will be stable enough for it to make sense to start rebuilding the autoplanner. This is significantly in the future though, as if I’m going to rewrite the autoplanner (as I would have to to accommodate variable turn around times) I’d want to do a better job than vanilla ACEO.

3 Likes

wow!, didn’t expect a response this fast.
Thanks for your reply, I’ve just noticed a change in behavior of my autoplanner since I installed this mod, I’d assume its just a coincidence :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for building this mod and have a great day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Eithan

4 Likes

Hi, first time using this mod. Thank you for this by the way.

If I can ask a question about manually adjusting the turnaround time, how do I use it? Sorry if it’s dumb, I just can’t figure out how to add/subtract them. I see the hotkeys in the settings but apart from that, I’m stumped. Tried using it on the flight planner or at an active stand but I don’t see anything changing. No idea what i should look for though.

Also, under Flight Activation Changes, it says:

Flights now calculate flight time based on speed and distance and activate when the aircraft should be taking off.

Does that pertain to aircraft origin>destination or from stand>runway?

Sorry for the dumb questions and thank you.

The easiest way I’ve found to adjust turn around time is to use the scroll wheel. This is done, either with scroll wheel or keybinds, while the flight is being “dragged”, before hitting the confirm button for a time/place in the schedule.

That’s aircraft origin>destination: the time the aircraft is in the air. What this means is that flights transition from “planned” to “active” roughly when that plane should be getting airborne. The most direct effect is that you have much less room to reschedule flights that are already airborne.

Oh my god, thank you! I think I just understood the main purpose of this whole thing. I initially thought it’s so we can make flexible adjustments to the turnaround schedule when some services get delayed by dumb vehicle pathing or if everything finishes early.

If you don’t mind another question, do you know of a way to possibly trigger and early pushback? I noticed my pushbacks start about (give or take ~10min) the exact time the flight is supposed to take-off. I still get 95-96% rating but wondering if it’s possible to go 100% by doing that.

The just-in-time pushback feature (required for cargo flights to actually use their ground time) is being adjusted in the next update. Currently puahback may occur 15 minutes before departure. I’m the next update this will be 30 minutes, and I may revert to vanilla behavior entirely if I find a better way to keep cargo flights on the stand.

Oh, I’ll be looking forward to that. Thank you so much for helping and the quick responses! Have a great day. :slight_smile: