[Mod] AirportCEOTweaks 2.3.6: Misc Patch

I have encountered this bug but only sporadically, making it hard to track down. If you’re able to dm me as much information as you can think of about the circumstances and maybe a log file it might help. Thank you!

My plan at the moment is to bundle the find and fix for this with the next major update (2.2.0), in which I’ll be doing a lot of work with flight generation anyways. Apologies that it won’t be fixed earlier.

1 Like

A more general update: 2.1.3 is a collection of bug fixes and small improvements. I’m quite close to having it ready to go, but I find myself moving (back) across the country this weekend. When exactly it releases will be a function of whether I can find and fix issues quickly in the hour-long-sessions that I’m getting lately to work on them. I’m very grateful to everyone who has not only reported bugs but worked with me to hunt them down and confirm when they’re fixed (or not).

1 Like

I honestly don’t have more info, it’s very easy to reproduce, just let me know what log file to give you if you need one :slight_smile:

Second house-move in six months mostly completed. Time is still a bit scarce in my world, but I’m hoping to be back to work soon.

3 Likes

This mod is a work of beauty - many thanks for it! I am especially in love with the flights repetition functionality - that way, by a simple change of the AirportData.json file, it is very easy to make the destinations realistic: once I secure the given flight (usually I choose some tiny, never-heard-of airport), I open the AirportData.json file, I find it using search option and then I replace all the data of that airport with the desired one, I only keep “id” intact. Now I only have to make sure the airlines want to prolong it forever and then it works great!

Question - does anyone know if it is possible to modify the airline star rating of a given mod? E.g. I have KLM flights which request only fuel and baggage, while Ryanair (low-cost airline) wants even catering! If I were able to adjust the rating, I could fine tune it myself… Alternatively, would it be able to disable the flight types functionality, until the airlines request are more realistic?

Thanks once again!

2 Likes

By default vanilla game, there is only the starrating (“businessclas”) inside airline.json, when copy to native mod folder you can change it…

KLM (in my version) is a 5Star Airline so with the tweak it should request full service…

Many thanks dawed. I used different KLM mod with 2 stars, I will just resubscribe to yours.

1 Like

Hello All: Situation Update

I am currently in my last couple months of my university program: In December I will graduate with an engineering degree.

I anticipated having some time in the early part of this term to work on ACEO Tweaks. This did not really pan out. The amount of work I need to finish and want to do very well on in the last six weeks of University is pretty staggering; I do not expect to have any substantial time to give this mod in 2022, but I am still motivated and enjoy working on it, so bug fixes are certainty on the table, and the bigger plans are still on my mind and on the horizon.

The encouragement is really appreciated: knowing that others are getting enjoyment out of the work is really helpful for staying motivated long-term: modding this game is clearly a long-term endeavor.

The answer you’ve already received is accurate and a good method for now. I am hoping to eventually have more built-in flexibility in terms of customizing airline personalities.

3 Likes

Good luck. I myself know the last few weeks the workload piles up. You will get there.

3 Likes

Good luck with your degree! The mod in its current version is perfectly playable despite its small hiccups, so we can wait for your return and will await it. :slight_smile: And we are happy you still have future intentions of developing it.

(Small hint to those who want to change the airline rating themselves - when you change the “businesclass” variable keep in mind the numbering is actually shifted: 0 equals one start, 1 equals 2 stars and so on until 4 which equals 5 stars. I tried inserting 5 in this variable and in such case the airline did not appear in the contracts list because 5 is not an acceptable option. Also, sometimes the “businesclass” variable is not in the file - in that case you can just insert it.)

2 Likes

Removed “Hard-Painted” winglets on B757-200 thanks to Tweaks

4 Likes

2.1.3 Beta Download

The bad news

• There are still lots of small baggage bugs relating to new flight types. These don’t prevent play, but are annoying. New and differnt bugs now; hooray!

Good News

• I fixed a bug with the livery tools. @Dawed has been on advance version and has some great stuff coming; including the 757 above.

• I also was able to implement an increase to the flight per day cap.

Flight Cap Rework

• Multiple ATC towers can contribute to your flight cap. However, each successive tower will have half the “power” of the one before.
  • Same situation for extra radars.
  • The algorithm is smart enough to put the best towers in the highest positions in the hierarchy.
  • Radars and towers exist on separate hierarchies.
  • If you get your flight cap up to 500/day; I give you a pass all the way up to 999 because you’ve transcended my game design skills and should not be restrained by them.
Examples

Small Airport

• Medium Tower = +75
  • Small tower = (25/2) = 12.5; round to nearest 5 = +15
  • Total = 75+15=90

Medium Airport

• Medium Tower = 75/1 = 75
  • Additional Medium Tower = (75/2) = 37.5; round to nearest 5 = +40
  • Small tower = (25/4) = 6.25; round to nearest 5 = +5 (probably time to delete this; not much help)
  • Medium Radar = 50/1 = 50 (Radars are in their own hierarchy)
  • Total = 75+40+5+50=170

Silly Airport

• Large Tower = 200/1 = 200
  • Additional Large Tower = (200/2) = 100
  • Third Large Tower = (200/4) = 50
  • Large Radar = 100/1 = 100 (Radars are in their own hierarchy)
  • Second Large Radar = 100/2 = 50
  • Third Large Radar = 100/4 = 25
  • Fourth Large Radar = 100/8 = 12.5 = 15
  • Old Medium Radar You Forgot = 50/16=3.1 = 5
  • Total = 200+100+50+100+50+25+15+5 = 645 Which is made 999 so as to be “unlimited”

Bonus info the minimal build for 999 flights is 3 large towers and 2 large radars.

6 Likes

Next week i will release some stuff, stay tuned!

3 Likes

Hi Zekew11, great news you keep working on the mod! Thank you!

One request - is it possible to disable this “random destination airport allocation”? I noted you mention a couple of posts above this is done by the mod and done by design. At my airport it doesn’t work properly and introduces chaos - e.g. I have now flights flying internationally from domestic gates, just because the destination airport changed to something completely else. E.g. if I choose Amsterdam for my destination airport I would like the game to be consistent here and not fly to Russia instead. :smiley: Changing this (or at least giving a user an option to do it) would be greatly apprieciated.

2 Likes

Be aware the game offers two international modes. In the default international mode, the destination does not matter at all. “international” zones only required for large stands.
If you want to have international destinations also for small and medium stands, use the realistic international mode. Then the location of your airport matters.

More details here:

What could have in improvement are realisitic destinations for modded airlines to make sure they come from their right country and no random location.

1 Like

Many thanks andyc, however I’ve been using realistic international mode since I started playing. :slight_smile:

I was referring to something different - please see zekew11’s statement from the post above:

“The way the mod currently works is that there’s a random chance that instead of copying the arrival route and reversing it, we generate a second arrival route (still using the original code though) and reverse this route, with the effect that arrival and departure routes are now different.”

That is what I would like to avoid :slight_smile: .

Next Major Update (2.2.0) will rewrite route generation from the ground up: I’ll add this feature - toggleable difference between arrival and departure routes - then. The international flights from domestic gates issue is a bug I hadn’t caught yet, so I’ll make sure to solve that at the same time. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Many thanks zekew11! Looking forward to it! :slight_smile:

ACEOMG Released today, first MDKs best used with Tweaks (workaround for “no-tweaks installed User” implemented)

Challenger 650 (Based on CRJ200)

• Shortened Fuselage
  • Correct Nightwindows
  • Correct Strobe and Becon Lights
  • Correct Christmas Hat Postion :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Correct PAX Door, Cateringdoor, Cleaningdoor
  • Adjusted RampAgent Service Check Positions
  • Adjusted TowBar and TurnPoint Position
  • Adjusted Deicing Positions

CRJ900 and CRJ1000 (based on CRJ700)

• Stretched Fuselage
  • Correct Nightwindows
  • Correct Strobe and Becon Lights
  • Correct Christmas Hat Postion :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Correct PAX Door, Cateringdoor, Cleaningdoor
  • Adjusted RampAgent Service Check Positions
  • Adjusted TowBar and TurnPoint Position
  • Adjusted Deicing Positions
  • New EmergencyExit Sign on Wings

Known Issue

• New Shadow is not loading
  • Catering and Cleaning Door Position on horizontal Stands is way to much on front

CRJ900, one plane with issue one correct

CRJ1000

7 Likes

WOW <3 :stuck_out_tongue: Soo freaking awesome!

2 Likes