[Mod] Airport CEO Custom Buildables 1.2.1: Click & Drag

Download - UMod Framework (Use this if possible)
Download - Google Drive (This may be wonky with auto-update)

If this is your first time downloading Code Based Mods, please read the instructions below! Thanks :slight_smile:

My Note

Hi everyone! This has been a long journey and a long time coming… I’ve been developing this mod since about July/August 2022, on and off, slowly cobbling together features and systems. I would like the thank both @zekew11 and @Hap0vecXD for getting me into this and for their support. I would also like to thank the modding community in general for putting up with me and my (sometimes very dumb) questions. Now let’s get on with it! :sweat_smile:

Features

Airport CEO Custom Buildables is a code-based mod that allows you to create decorative items and floors in-game from JSON files and PNG images. You can set a variety of settings for each item including shadows, cost, size, how it should be constructed, etc. Items mods can be inputted through a new folder created by the mod, through a mod in the native mods folder, or (most importantly) come from steam workshop mods! This allows anyone with Custom Buildables to easily download an item and use it in the game. Items persist over save-load and can be added at any time, like company mods. The mod also supports multi-floor placement and outdoor placement. Items function like plants in-game. You can quickly make custom flooring with any image. Flooring can have variations and can spice up any build from vanilla!

Images

Download & Installation

This mod is installed via the UMod Framework. This allows mods to inject code into the game at runtime without modifying or redistributing Apog Lab’s code. UMod Framework can be downloaded HERE. Mac users should follow the workaround instructions HERE (This page contains detailed installation instructions).

You can download this mod quickly from HERE and hit the “Install” button. Mac/Linux users will need to instead use the “Manual Download” option and follow the tutorial on this page (under installing mods for MacOS)

Using Mods

(The topic that’s will be linked here is in the process of being written, so be patient)
For non-item-mod-developers, you only have to download a mod that is marked as needed ACEO Custom Buildables from the steam workshop, enable it, and then play. You can find a list of all available item-mods in this topic (currently N/A). For item-mod-developers, see that topic (N/A currently) for info on that.

Bugs

There will most likely be bugs with the mod. Some known bugs are:

• Using the template tool will result in the item returning to a normal plant

Please report any bugs in this thread! I, similar to all other modders, will try my best to fix any bugs that are present, but I have limited time on this project. So fixes may take a while to come, and they may never come for minor issues.

As with all code-based mods, don’t report bugs to developers while the mod is enabled! Make sure the issue occurs when the mod is disabled before reporting, and report with the mod disabled. Make sure to always state if you are using a mod when you ask for help!

Other Information

Compatible with: - ACEO Tweaks (Untested), - ACEO Sticker Fix (Tested)
Incompatible with: - Negotiable Turnaround Time and Autoplanner settings (This is a different type of code-based mod)

Source Code

Source code is not necessary for you to run the mod, but is available for transparency and so that people who want to help can. It is accessible here (psst source code may update before the mod does so if you want to see upcoming features… :wink:)

Changelog

• Improvement: Allowed workshop mods to contain more than one type of buildable
  • Improvement: Introduced a hard limit on floor mods (at 200) to prevent byte overflow bugs
  • Improvement: Increased amount of floor mods that you can have without the overflow bug from 155 to 200
  • Improvement: Fixed very minor issues with this text (it was slightly out of date)
  • Improvement: Improved logging when loading from the workshop, significantly reduced number of messages as the system is stable
  • Bug Fix: Re-introduced mod loading from the native mods folder

• Epic: Custom Tileables!
  • Bug Fix: Reduced severity of minor error log message, because the message itself would cause loading to fail
  • Code Improvement: Slightly re-organized file structure

• Bug Fix: Mod broken due to Airport CEO update
  • Bug Fix: Incorrect spelling of a log message

• Epic: Custom Flooring!
  • New Feature: New bogus input checker, allowing more fields to be checked. Streamlined system
  • New Feature: The specific menu for UI Icons can now be specified with some restrictions
  • New Feature: Floors (and only floors) can have variations
  • Improvement: Cost text in Object Description Panel now changes with the game language
  • Code Improvement: Reduced use of static class, instead opting for Interfaces and initialization upon game load
    • Other more complex but useful coding systems put in place
  • Code Improvement: Completly new mod loading system
  • Code Improvement: Better JSON/Image loading system

• Bug Fix: Incorrect paths for mac due to “\” instead of “/”, causing entire mod to fail

1.0:

• Epic: All basic systems work
  • Feature: Steam Workshop downloading option
  • Feature: Save - Load compatibility

5 Likes

While topic writing is underway: These are 3 mods that you can download to test the mod and or play with!

3 Likes

Awesome work!
Hope to mod something soon

2 Likes

Awesome work, well done.

2 Likes

Version 1.0.1

• Bug Fix: Incorrect paths for mac due to “\” instead of “/”, causing entire mod to fail

Roll-out status: :green_square: UMF updated, google drive updated, post updated, github updated

Thanks for @faebue for helping me find and fix this bug! Also thanks to all the people who have downloaded the mod. Till next time, cya. :grin:

4 Likes

Super cool project! Like modding back in the days, if the devs can’t provide out-of-the-box support for modding you force it in yourself! :smiley:

5 Likes

Hi, thank you for creating this. I’ve been doing a very simple version of this by just making my own stickers. Haha, seems too silly now since this is leagues better.

One request though if you don’t mind, is it possible to provide manual downloads for objects available for GOG players like myself? Thank you for keeping the game interesting either way!

1 Like

To be clear: I’m supportive of providing manual links…

You should also know that there are ways to download from the workshop workout owning the game on steam. It can be a hassle, but the api is built in a way that allows it without an account even.

1 Like

I think I vaguely remember trying something like that when “those websites” stopped working but if I’m not mistaken, I wasn’t able to make it work. I’ll look up how to do this and try again. Thanks for the reminder!

Edit: Oh, I just remembered what I previously tried and just found out the author stopped supporting/developing the tool. I’ll try to have a go with the SteamCMD method.

Or ask one of us from the ACEO Modding Group, we can provide them to you

My plan for how browsing custom items (and more in the farrish future) is the following: There will be a separate topic here on forum for buildable creation and finding buildables. This topic will contain links for buildable creators to resources to start making buildable, including a guide for JSON and how to get started. It will also contain a link to a spreadsheet with links to all official buildable mods. You can sort by name, type, and creator, and it will have a direct drive link and a workshop link. This will allow GOG users to find buildables just as easily as steam users. Anyone who makes a buildable mod (and asks) will be able to edit the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet I was mentioning is now available here, you can find direct downloads there.

1 Like

Version 1.1: Floors Galore

• Epic: Custom Flooring!
  • New Feature: New bogus input checker, allowing more fields to be checked. Streamlined system
  • New Feature: The specific menu for UI Icons can now be specified with some restrictions
  • New Feature: Floors (and only floors) can have variations
  • Improvement: Cost text in Object Description Panel now changes with the game language
  • Code Improvement: Reduced use of static class, instead opting for Interfaces and initialization upon game load
    • Other more complex but useful coding systems put in place
  • Code Improvement: Completly new mod loading system
  • Code Improvement: Better JSON/Image loading system

Roll-out status: :green_square:

• UMF updated, google drive updated, all items and floors updated, GitHub updated, post updated, mod documentation updated

Hello everyone! After a surprisingly long while I’m back with the first major update to Airport CEO Custom Buildables: The Floors Galore Update! :tada: :tada: Most importantly this update adds the ability to add custom flooring to the game, but it also provides massive improvements to the UI system and internal game systems. To give you a bit of insight, I would say about 60% of the code was written or re-written, and 90% of the more complicated “systems” were rebuilt. This meant a lot of work for not too much in-game result, but a considerably easier code base to work with. Flooring had a few painful parts too, but it’s all good a working now! :smile: This update has also brought a ton of new mods to finally bring a bit more content than those 3 items.

A large variety of new flooring options!

I would also like to thank @dawed for being the first one to create a mod other than me! This is his original creation.

Mod Links

Steam Workshop::Burned Wood Floors
Steam Workshop::Duckboard Floor
Steam Workshop::Light Wood Floors
Steam Workshop::Multi Size Tiled Floors
Steam Workshop::Tiled Floors
Steam Workshop::Transparent Floor
Steam Workshop::Caracas Airport Art Floor

I hope you all enjoy! Thank you so very much! :wink:

5 Likes

1 important things from the field:

Experimental Branch, latest Update of ACEO
If you are playing on experimental branch and want to continue to use AirportCEOTWEAKS and Airport CEO Custom Buildables you need to reeinstall UMF Framework to the AirportCEO folder

3 Likes

Hi humoresque. First thank for all this info and tutorials.
I am hooked on Airport CEO and now i want to challenge myself with some mods.
I am not really an expertise on coding but i managed to do some mods for another game already and im hoping to do so with ACEO.

I am using a macbook so i guess that will not be so helpful.

I managed to instal MONO and UMF everything looks just fine.
When i open the game on STEAM the panel for UMF is showing in green and i can access.

But the Mod of the “Tiled Floors” which i got from the steam workshop is not shown in the game.
I am actually and architect/designer so i could really do some cool aideas for flooring and funriture.

I just need a bit of help or tutoring if it would be possible.

Maybe if you have an idea of why the mod is not being shown in the game that could be a good start.

Then i would like to create my own floors or funriture if possible. I dont think mac OS will help much here because the UMF.ProjectGenerator is only as .exe ( iguess for windows)

Anyways and help or friendly words are much appreciated.
Thanks for the great JOB

btw. Another idea i had: it would be great to be able to give directions to the doors. so we can control the circulation of the people in the airport. Just an idea i had!

cheers!

1 Like

Hello! :slightly_smiling_face:
I’d love to see more furniture and floors available with this mod. There isn’t really very much coding required for creating new floors and items. All you have to do is make some textures and a short JSON file, and then you’re done, it works in-game. The process of making new item or floor mods needs no UMF interactions or Windows-specific stuff either.

You, and anyone else who wants to, can access these guides on how to make item and floor mods. The floor mod guide only covers the floor-specific stuff, nothing else. Feel free to PM me, post here, or message me on Discord (username is _humoresque including the underscore).

As for why the mod isn’t working, check if the workshop mod is enabled in the modding menu. I would think it may be disabled.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the reply.
I’ll PM you if I need some help!

I found out that the tiles were not on the “terminal” but on the “zones and rooms” so I could use them on the game already.

I’ll check the links and probable come back to you.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Oh yea, sorry about that. The terminal menu is too crowded so I don’t support adding stuff to it. Same is true with the other busy menus

There are a couple of fixes I will have to make to Custom Buildables in general over the next couple of weeks. @D0NJUAN found an issue with all of my existing floor mods as they are being assigned to the Zones menu, which isn’t unlocked at the start of the game… Oops. In addition, I will try to clear up development resources on the mod (documentation is in weird stages of limbo right now, with not up to date stuff) and deploy a minor maintenance update (or maybe more if I feel inspired).

1 Like

At first thank you for providing custom buildables to the game.

The few assets provided make airports a little bit more realistic. However i’m wondering if it would be possible to add trolley stands to the game. That would be a huge game changer since those are e

Im not looking to make to many items at the moment, got my hands full. You can always make them yourself if you feel like it, guide is provided.

Im not quite sure what you mean by trolley stand - Remember all things made with the mod are static (they dont move)