In Game Landing and Takeoff Times Don't Match with Real Life?

I think this is not a bug or more like a missplaced feature in game. Normally takeoff and landing shouldn’t take more than 2 minutes IRL but in game, both take at least 6 in game minutes. Because of this threefold difference, airplanes land delayed and take off queue occurs. Also IRL runways are at least 2 km length while this runway is just 900 meters.

Here my video shows it:

Doesn’t this all have to do with time scaling though? I mean they could make the take off times more realistic, but that either involves them slowing the time scale down further or speeding up the animation, which would look a bit silly?

It’s yet another area which begs for the time scale to be slowed down. I think it needs to go from 3 seconds equals a minute to 4 rather than increasing animation speeds. It will help all areas including pax and staff walking, turnarounds, planes taxiing and this issue.

I think there are a lot of people that find the timescale already too slow though? From what I’ve read around the forums?

They could easily add another speed up button, but the actual normal speeds would be slowed making everything closer to normal. You can say play at 4x speed which increases the animation speed as well.

Current is 3 seconds is a minute, so 20x.
Suggested is 4 seconds per minute or 15x.

Speed 3 (top speed now) is 60x
Speed 4 for a new slower time would also be 60x.

The problem is its already difficult to run efficiently with too many stands due to how slow stuff moves. What happens when we get planes with 250+ pax on them? A 4 hour turnaround now can be problematic, what will we have, 6 or 8 hour turnarounds? That is silly imo.

Well that’s true and would make a lot of sense possibly. Of course yeah, it’s hard to run the airport efficiently when animation occurs in real time but the time scale is adjusted.

But I generally haven’t found too many issues with managing the turnaround. I don’t think it’s a very hard variable for them to tweak though ultimately, so merits discussion.

Here is the other thread pertaining to time in case you want to read.

This is not about game time but more like animation. When you adjust animation time, eventually when game gets a different time scale, the runway animation will already be ready.

So I think devs should focus on animation. But maybe 3x faster runway animation might look bad or even might break the game. @Fredrik @Olof your thoughts?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.