Hot CPU: is this normal?

Well, you can’t really compare Airport CEO to Football Manager. While it may be difficult to believe, Airport CEO is a quite demanding game and given the size spans of airports you can build its quite difficult to set a specification requirement on a machine in which it will optimally run the game. Any old machine can run a small GA field without any issues, however large international airports are a lot more demanding. It’s not only just the data crunching that has to occur each frame, there’s also with large airports a lot of object that needs to be rendered. With 3000 passengers and bags, vehicles, employees and aircraft agents there is a very large amount of data that needs to be crunched, read and written by the game each frame and when you add all of those agent objects, as well as everything you’ve built, to the rendering batch I assume that there’s far more objects to render than in Football Manager.

That said - we’re, and you’ve heard me say this multiple times, constantly working on performance improvements. But on a large airport I can definitely see that there’s a lot of work on the CPU and GPU and Football Manager is not a fair game to compare ACEO with.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.