Highway and Multiple Road Entries and Exits

Feature request title:

Multiple Road entries and exits

Description:

Currently there’s only one main road entry and all road vehicles enter/leave the airport via the main road,

Why it should be implemented:

When too many vehicles are spawned, it would lead to severe traffic jam easily and when that happens, you only want to quit the game.

Images, references or additional content:

Input images or links…

I find this a very interesting idea, I will supplement it with 2 images that could be applied to the game:

11 Likes

Nice pictures, maybe players can build them by themselves and there will be a highway system around airport :smiley:

These junctions can be a “prefab” (pre-builded item like how security stations are) and all player has to do will be connecting prefabs with roads. Maybe a “T junction” “X junction” prefabs with traffic lights can also be added.

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen this is something that has been asked for in several places. And it is logical that a small entrance road is not enough and there are traffic jams. Do your airports have traffic jams too? Do you see this measure as urgent or as something unnecessary?

It was mentioned yesterday by Olof that the small entrance tunnel is going to be addressed during beta.

Since the newest patches traffic got much more, so a better solution is required. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification

Found this with search rather than start up another topic…

One more with a plea to update the entrance road. One of the main drawbacks with the existing one is that the bigger the airport gets, the more backed up the traffic gets, which delays airside resupply (fuel, trash collection, food supply, deicing fluid supply) as well as building materials and contractors, let alone all the PAX.

I had just topped 10k PAX in a single day for the first time when everything fell to bits as the medium fuel depot with four expansion tanks ran dry and a couple of A380s drained two Maverick articulated tankers and two regular Maverick trucks, leaving nothing for any aircraft at the other 15 stands, and it was 36 hours before the resupply tankers got through. This was despite many PAX arriving through the 5 subway entrances I had at the two terminals…

Yeah I have craved that for so long and a rebuild of some of the AI would be great as well.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.