Grants would be a useful addition to the money and progression of the game. It would allow the player to work towards goals to get money. I feel a system similar to prison architects grants would work well.
There should be government grants to build a certain size of airport and allow a certain amount of passengers to fly out of the airport. When accepting grants it gives newer plays a general order to progress.
I came up with some ideas for grants:
- Increase passenger flow to 50 per day
- Increase passenger flow to 150 per day
- Increase passenger flow to 500 per day
- Increase passenger flow to 1000 per day
- Detect or destroy 20 pieces of luggage
- Detect or destroy 50 pieces of luggage
- Detect or destroy 150 pieces of luggage
- Build 5 dedicated General Avation hates and allow fuel service
- Build 3 Comercial Small Gates and allow fuel service
- Build 3 Comercial Medium Gates and allow baggage handling service
- Build 10 Comercial Medium Gates and have 1 5 star flight
These grants could even be applied to the tutorial. Just an idea.
This are just ideas and I believe there is a lot to be discussed on this topic