Giving out keys to streamers and LPers?

Because if you give one YouTuber the game for free it costs the developers; €15,99 . If 1000 people view the video and 100 people think; I buy that game. You make profit. Then the €15,99 is worth investing.

3 Likes

They can and they will. But the devs may want to give some people the game to raise the profile, and that’s fine. Note the wording - the devs are the ones giving the game. It’s not a case of youtubers asking for the game and getting it. It’s a case of some reviewers selected by the devs getting a review copy for that purpose.

4 Likes

Sure I really don’t care anymore.

Ok, getting back on topic, yes they will be getting keys, but i believe after it releases. So far, i know Skye Storme will be getting a key. But i am positive others will too.

1 Like

The devs have not confirmed this though. ( Also we where always on topic)

The devs havent, but other sources that i believe are reliable have (and as on topic i meant adressing the original question)

1 Like

Well the devs are the most reliable

Well of course they are most reliable, since they are the ones giving them out, after all, but a youtuber himself that i trust told me that he had been contacted by the devs and he was going to get a key when the game came out.

As I suspected, ever since the original topic was locked.

So to update everyone on this I can say that we will give out some keys to a number of content creators who have expressed an interest in showcasing ACEO and that this will be done over the coming days now. We as developers cannot really say that we value and practice transparency if we keep the lid on the product until launch day and some potential future CEOs have expressed their concern that they’d like to see the game in action, and rightfully so since its an Early Access Alpha, before making a purchase. So to meet those demands we will allow a few professionals to feel the title and give their opinion which mitigates issues of transparency while, hopefully, also drive some interest to the product which is an important step in securing the future of ACEO.

Of course, anyone who reviews the game in a video will not in any way owe us anything or will not be tied to us in any way. It’s a matter of free speech, if they (or anyone else for that matter) thinks that the game sucks then that is what they should say and on the other hand if they think it is fun and worth while then that is what they should say; it’s a s simple as that! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

This is a very good and smart decision! I have no doubt that the selected creators will be positive about this amazing game! :smile:

3 Likes

Thank very much for the update Olof. Always happy to see this kind of reassuring transparency from developers. This might be your team’s first game, but being open is always a great place to start when trying to win hearts and minds. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have just been informed by Keralis (yes, Keralis) that he has “Not talked to them in months but I don’t mind buying if that is needed.”

Might clear up some confusion over whether YTers get the game early, but this only applies to one single YouTuber and not the rest of them.

1 Like

Ill help some more:

2 Likes

Quill18 should probably reached out to, he loves these kinds of games and has close to half a million subscribers on YT. I believe he did a Let’s Try of SimAirport a while ago.

I also think there’s more value to there being coverage once a game is out. It’s a great way to build momentum, and it’s difficult to do that before a game is launched outside of the core group that’s on these forums and in other related communities. Not many people know they’re interested in something this niche beforehand.

All Glory to the Hypno Quill @Hmuda

Hah, more likely Quill will fail to realize how to design the baggage system and be confused for ~5 minutes.

2 Likes

IMO the guys made the correct decision, handing out keys to streamers because they are popular doesn’t make it right. Hand them out to content creators who would take time to understand the game fully and they would care enough to give back to the community.

If a reviewer or streamer wants to play the game, buy it on release day and show us then.

I support the decision made :+1:

2 Likes

However, the more pressing matter at hand is which movie did you consider seeing in theatre??

Personally, I liked the book of Ready Player One

3 Likes