Geographical Challenges for Airports

Hi!

Hong Kong’s aviation history is very interesting, what with Kai Tak and Chek Lap Kok. It would be really cool in later versions of the game to have geographical and demographic challenges in airports.

Water runways have been discussed and it’s unlikely that that idea will come to fruition.

Anyway, I’ve been thinking about noise. As everyone knows, airports generate noise. It would be really cool to see the devs include stuff like traffic patterns and closing certain runways to minimize the noise generated by aircraft. Who knows, this could be a request and you could get a grant from the government or something.

Would physical scenarios be included such as mountains (think Kai Tak?) It would be really cool to see these things in action.

We know that weather has already been implemented into the alpha, but will there be specific challenges such as snowstorms and the latter? Would there be storms and wind forcing the closure of runways?

Of course this should probably come in later versions so the devs don’t have too much work before hopefully the alpha release around the start of 2017.

What are your thoughts?

4 Likes

Depending on the way mountains/elevation would be done, I like this idea.

If there would be simple blocking terrain tiles, just like in the Anno series, I think they shouldn’t add it. I already dislike Anno for this, even though it is a nice game otherwise.

My idea is to add elevation on a non-3D map by shown contour lines of the terrain. Any buildings, roads, taxi- and runways could be allowed to be built on different slopes. If terrain is to steep (the item crosses to much contour lines), it must be leveled fist. Some auto-leveling could be done while building, so the affected contour lines will be evenly spread.

1 Like

Another thing: delta md-80s have to pay a tax to the airport when landing in kbos because they are so noisy and there have been complaints. The traffic patterns are a great idea

So this has sort of been discussed before in the topic, mainly in the comments…

We’re not currently super focused on the environment aspects (in terms of terrain) as construction, lighting and weather is way higher up on the priority list but it will be something we’ll consider.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.