FAOR/JNB - O. R. Tambo International Airport

Fellow CEOs,

After reading this forum and looking at some amazing airport designs, I have decided to build FAOR - O. R. Tambo International Airport in ACEO, as I worked there for 5+years. It also also my closest major international airport, the other one being FALA/HLA - Lanseria, which I might do in another build.

It is a complex multi-level airport IRL, but until then, will make do with a single level. It also has a large and complex road and parking system which also cannot be implemented in ACEO, but again, will work within those limits.

In researching the build, I have found that they have a unique/specific approach to bathroom facilities, which I will mimick in the ACEO build.

I hope to have some screenshots up in the next week or so, and will use this thread to that end.

3 Likes

…and he was never heard from again. Thus ends the legend of the ACEO version of ORTIA.

4 Likes

They went MIA Feb 17 of this year

I have made one, but got board when the smaller details inside came in and a few updates that broke the save - its a stack of work to redo it. - - - let me see what i can do to bring it back to life - and i am not speaking of business rescue :rofl:

Hah, like the joke. Make sure you’ve got electricity!

Maybe do Cape Town Airport, haven’t seen that one :grin: I’m currently doing Harare Airport

Last time i was in Cape Town, was January, and i actually cant remember the ins and outs, except the cool tunnel from the rental car park!

Excel plan . . . OR Tambo