Extra Large Stand with Convertible Option to 2 Medium Stands (a.k.a. MARS Stands)

i agree - its good idea to have it means less issues
in SA - small plane can use large stand if small or medium stands are full

1 Like

Great idea very much needed

1 Like

And both entries could also be used as a bus gate. Thats also very common. Example FRA or MUC.

3 Likes

Love this idea! I am thinking it may be difficult to implement on the schedule though, to somehow split it up into two stands on and block it off from being used as a large stand at the same time.

1 Like

What I want to archive is building such an airport; (FMCZ)

It is a small airport with capability to handle wide bodies.

Also this feature can be applied to small and medium stands too. Like 2 small stands and 1 medium stand can be combined as a MARS stand.

3 Likes

Reviving Topic

1 Like

Yes +1,000,000

1 Like

This is the only stand I would build if it was in the game! (some mediums as well to fill in space) +1

2 Likes

I love this. Glad I discovered it moments before all my votes got depleted.

1 Like

OMG, im deleting one fo my votes for this one! One small confusing aspect to your explanation @EG0611. I suggest it to be “medium” instead of “small/medium” and “as well” or “also” instead of “either”?

If stand number is “12”, the “small” stands are labeled as “12A” and “12B”.

Also flight planner should also be revised. While there is a large airplane parked on stand, there shouldn’t be able to assign other “small” flights. But for example if 1 “small” airplane is assigned, another small airplane can be assigned “either”.

Corrected to read:

If stand number is “12”, the “Small/Medium” stands are labeled as “12A” and “12B”.

Also flight planner should also be revised. While there is a large airplane parked on stand, there shouldn’t be able to assign other “Small/Medium” flights. But for example if 1 small airplane is assigned, another “small/medium” airplane can be assigned “as well”.

So basically the scheduling strip would for big birds would cover both scheduling strips not allowing for medium flights to be scheduled. I will try to make a graphic for yo for this…

I hope they can make this stand possible as well as take off the road of the stand and just add a connection for roads and update all stands this way. Would make me so happy!

Edit: wait I already voted for it :joy:

1 Like

Here is my interpretation of what the scheduler would look like @EG0611

6 Likes

Don’t show it to me. You need to convince developers :smiley:

1 Like

If you like to add to your main post above so they can see it right away that would be cool. I am trying to convince them. by showing what it would look like as well as voting for it and bumping this thread to the top to maybe get more votes. Also im not going to just tag them.

2 Likes

Putting it at the top of the list right now. Also, looks really good!

1 Like

Might I suggest creating a couple of “in game mock-ups”? I’d very much like to see a couple variations of this design “in game” to see how well it would work for me! Another idea is to create a gate similar (but for smaller regional aircraft) that may seat 2 CRJs on a hard stand but allow access by a prop plane (such as a rear boarding aircraft) to park in between on a line.

The most common thought that comes to mind is my airport. They park an ATR on the curved lead in line, which also allows for said aircraft to not need pushback services.

3 Likes

Hi hello I haven’t been around for quite a while.

I’ve realized although the big bird update was deployed months ago, the game still feels incomplete. A lot of airports are using a system called MARS. It allows to have either one or two small-mid planes, or one big. It’s commonly used in airport around the world because of it’s flexibility and it saves a lot of place.

Assigning planes to the gate

As mentioned before, the gate can be used with small planes, and after their departure can get swiftly converted to a big plane gate. So, if this ever gets made and put into the game, the stand shouldn’t be set to either small or big pernamently, it should depend on available flights.

*Images for visualisation

WAW Chopin Airport above, technical image below.

1 Like

May use the existing request: Extra Large Stand with Convertible Option to 2 Medium Stands (a.k.a. MARS Stands) - #18

2 Likes

Guess I didn’t find that, the topic checked didn’t find any similar topics. Sorry.

1 Like

Might I also suggest that you disable the voting on this topic by removing the “Feature Voting” category? New forum members who may have not seen the existing topic might vote for yours, thus splitting votes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.