DevLog 87: Release Week

A new devlog has landed where we discuss the ins and outs of this project. We focus on what’s happened and the challenges that lie ahead.

https://www.airportceo.com/devlog-87-release-week/

11 Likes

I guess, soon we will be able to vote for next big feature, after you nail all critical bugs?

I hope they do a fair bit of work improving performance before new features.

Thx for sharing this. Im so happy that it has been a relatively good release with great store-ratings and this is certainly not the end. I know I will stay with you for a long time and Im sure many others will too.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know how some people can see an unfunded project that’s been in development for 2 years in all the spare hours the devs have around their regular day jobs as a ‘cash grab’. I’m glad to hear that the money does however now mean you’ll be able to bring in more people :slight_smile:

5 Likes

To be fair guys the “cash grab” comments which I have seen are just users that are only on steam to cause trouble (they are obviously bored with their lives!!). The whole point of leaving a review is just that. Review the game good or bad but with structure. As you say, the criticism is just as valuable if not sometimes more valuable than the positive but it has to have structure. I have been reading a few (that I have seen you shut them down quickly) but seem to want go around trolling the discussions on steam causing trouble and just being plain abusive or have a huge chip on their shoulder. Luckily we are not stupid and we know who these people are so we also shut them down quickly too.

Anyway great game guys!! Keep going! The future is bright.

1 Like

Well done everyone!
Olof, could you please update the roadmap? The release is happening now as it no longer stays at “Expected”

Thanks,
Gordon

2 Likes

Great work devs - the game delivers exactly what you promised. Its a great game with potential to become even greater. I have never regret buying this game even though there are some things that can improve… its being part of the process. Keep up the good work and continue include the community like you always have.

1 Like

Great work! Not only there was a small patch everyday but you were also helping out everyone in need so big thumbs up! :+1: And I’m really looking forward to performance improvements because even though I have a low end laptop, I think it should be able to run a zoomed out small terminal without 10 FPS…

1 Like

Great job on this game guys. Really glad I purchased it. I can’t wait for new features and I do hope we get to vote on the next big things to focus on.

2 Likes

Great work @Olof and @Fredrik.
An 85% positive Steam review total is very good, considering it is early access, and the negative reviews are just about bugs. Well, if they want a non-buggy game, early access is not for them.

The game is great, and I am sure you will be able to eradicate all of those annoying bugs soon!

And as @Dreamplay says, I’ll be with you for a long time, and I’m sure others will as well!

3 Likes

Great job guys! After all the hard work it finally paid off. I really enjoy the game! And can’t wait for the coming updates.

1 Like

0.21.11 contains an important performance bug fix so it should bring some notable change to rendering large terminal foundation and stands. Same technology will then be replicated for sidewalks and other flat areas. Will be deployed tomorrow!

And thanks for you kind words everyone! :heart:

6 Likes

And thanks for you kind words everyone! :heart:

We should thank YOU for creating such a masterpiece :slight_smile:

Same technology will then be replicated for sidewalks and other flat areas.

I know @Fredrik said it is not but I still think sidewalks somehow is the reason of massive lag.

6 Likes

Thank you VERY much! This was exactly what I thought, the game used too much resources just to render a foundation. Thanks!

And I hope you get to sleep too guys…

Lol, an " insane learning curve", as old EVE player I am not impressed.

1 Like

Heh, i see you missed Dwarf Fortress on that image. It puts EVE to shame :stuck_out_tongue:
Yeah i know, DF isn’t an MMORPG

2 Likes

@Olof Why we only get Cessna 172 as GA traffic,in your gameplay videos we saw DHC 6 and Cessna 208 as GA traffic too ?

We decided to separate them for easier distinguishing. Also it might not be so realistic that a DC-6 is flown as GA, but we will implement more GA aicraft types in the future.

2 Likes

Is the 737 800 not used by any airlines? Out of 40 hours and several different airports it has never been used by any airline. Is this a bug?