DevLog 81: Testing, testing and postponing

I have a similar situation as you (school starts for me on the thirtieth) and i was just gonna play non-stop until then. I am disappionted just as much as you, but i also totally respect their desicion and wish them luck

1 Like

The only thing with paypal is that it might take their money away because it may think that there is “suspisious activity” going on due to the sheer amount of cash that would be given there way in such a short amount of time. And then it takes 3-6 months to get it back. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

What most people dont seem to understand is that september starts next week. It could mean we get it next friday the 1st or the week after. There is no indication its delayed a month.

And after all, If the game released this friday with a gamebreaking bug. How would you feel then? Isnt it better to have a developer fix a bug they know of rather than release it broken, at least i think so.

4 Likes

Oh, is that ? Then not good :confused:

@Jonsson: yes it can

I’m waiting for the game when it’s delayed.
I wanted only one possibility to prevent this shift possibly.

@Olof can we at least have a price soon, so we can set aside the correct amount so we can purchase as soon as this game is available? It’s not asking much. It would ease the frustration of waiting until September now. We’re all passionate about this game and anxious to play :slight_smile:

1 Like

Take your time Dev’s! Even though it is hard to wait, we can do and your reasons are more then valid!

2 Likes

@Jonsson Just as long as they are exterminating bugs and not adding more features right now then I see no reason it shouldn’t be passed the first week of September.

3 Likes

Read the log this morning. Closed the page fast, just a nightmare, just need to wake up. Unfortunately, same log in the afternoon. :grin:

Of course it is not what I was hoping for but I still have a lot of trust in you. I am impressed that you wrote that devlog. It could not have been easy.

7 Likes

Blockquote
Yeah, you know, my friend pointed this out to me; We would be more than willing to sign an NDA, buy the game as-is, and help bug squash.
With an NDA, no videos, no posting, no word of mouth of any kind about the game (except to you devs) until it is lifted, and help you with testing. I would love to do that actually.
THIS. I think you would get 99% of people on these forums willing to do this

THIS. I think you would get 99% sure that they are NOT willing to do this given the present stage we have.

Of course they should focus only on bug fixing and not new features, but on the other hand im pretty sure Fredrik and Olof does that unless they are very sure it wont impact release.

And the way they handle it by openly allowing people to vent and showing their frustration in the thread and not deleting negative posts or blocking the thread like some developers do is amazing in my opinion.

I end by saying this.

Den som vÀntar pÄ nÄgot gott, vÀntar alltid för lÀnge. ( the one who waits for something good, is always waiting to long) . A saying here in sweden, at least were i live

4 Likes

Why not just set aside MORE than you think the game is going to cost?

For example, most people think the game is going to cost 15-20 Euros.

You should just set aside 30 Euros in the first place, and then when the game is released you will still have the 10-15 Euros after you bought the game.

Or in my case, as I live in Canada, I think the game will cost 20 Canadian Dollars. However, I have budgeted $40 dollars.

1 Like

Quick question:

1. Why not invite 3rd party tester earlier?
  2. What level of playable standard do you expect in early access game? The standard appears escalating.
  3. If you do not know how to manage a project, consult the forum and others.

Should the opinion of forum be taken, situation will be much much better today.

No emotion, simply problem solving, stop looping dead.

Isn’t early access meant to be the not stable version of the game

4 Likes

I think EA is for not feature complete with minor bugs possible, but not bad bugs, horrible performance, or crashes.

It appears there are big bugs but no crashes, and performance sounds like its pretty good and got better this last week.

1 Like

That’s not how people work
 Management by committee never works
 Also they were recently students. Do you really think they’re gonna be able to meet deadlines? No student meets deadlines :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Take as many time as you need to fix the worsest bugs! :wink:
I think the idea to invite some pople, maybe the moderators or so, would really help to find bugs faster.
The waiting goes on! More hype time!!! :grin:

3 Likes

Do what you need to Devs,

It is not your job to worry so much about what other people think, how can you control this? If someone is impatient, what to do, they can wait.

It is important to worry about your perception of the game and when it is ready, who else has better insight into the right time to release than you.

Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I agree with PeruvianBill - You haven’t sold a copy yet. People who don’t have it aren’t missing out on playing it. Released 8/25, 9/25. 10/25
 makes no difference. This is YOUR project, not ours. We are just excited to play it. You need to be happy with what you have created.

If you release a game that you love, but the rest of us dislike, the reviews will reflect that. If we love it, we will rate it.

But
 If you purposely release a very buggy game
 then that is just viewed as outright fraud.

I applaud the long debate you all must have had regarding the release date. Am I disappointed? You bet. Does it change my anticipation for the game, not at all.

Do what you have to do to make it work to your satisfaction.

Those who appreciate quality will notice. Those who are impatient and have short term views, will likely not change.

Go big. Think long term.

THIS IS YOUR REPUTATION
 not ours.

12 Likes

Daaaaamn. Hey relax guys, devs are doing their best. I think that anyone involved in project management can easily understand that postponing is waaay beter than delivering a product that disappoint.
Ok it’s frustating, but keep in mind that it’s not just a school project but a startup, in real-life conditions with real-life competitors.
And don’t forget. Aviation related projects are more or less always postponed.

4 Likes

Hey everyone! It could be worse
 We could be waiting for the Berlin airport to be finished
 :wink: :rofl:

22 Likes