Dev Blog 152: Notifications, tooling and Steam achievements

Agreed. “Real life logic” is a really subjective affair as every airport is different and the logic behind it is different.

Some airports are Security → Immigration → Boarding while others are Immigration → Security → Aircraft

I worked in an airport with Immigration → Security → Aircraft and if I were to apply that logic here I’d be complaining to Olof that the game is broken as I can’t apply that logic here. Even zoning in a real airport is a nightmare.

My only current issues are some of the pathing for passenger flow that sometimes routes them past walkalators so they’re still walking by or the times they refuse to use automatic immigration and all pile up for manual passport checks.

The other one is if theres a way to get the airport to prioritise commercial airliners, there’s some cases where GA get taxiway priority and the airliner gets stuck waiting for pushback.

Other than that, it’s fantastic!

4 Likes

Flight control panel.

Instead of using the whole page, can we have a next three flights departing toggle to just see a few flights and how they are going.

This allows us to see the airport for loading/unloading of various processes?

3 Likes

Is it possible to get a logbook of reports that are thrown by the game. Then when problems are thrown, while building and managing the game, it is possible to walk over errors at a later moment.

Also very handy when bug-reporting issues. Since you can reconstruct what kind of problem is underlying for the bug.

3 Likes

Question about Achievements: When using the F10 option to test something out at an airport but then not saving the airport after you used the F10, then reloading the airport without the stuff you did with F10 will that cancel all achievements or is it only when you save an airport when using F10, sandbox mode etc…

3 Likes

Not sure exactly what you mean? The log reports we collect from your session contain all the data we need that is printed into the logs.

Using any such feature will invalidate any achievement unlock from that moment and forward, and will carry across saves too - but only if you save the game. Consider it as if the session you’re playing gets tainted and if you save that taint it will persist, but if you reload without saving it will remain clean as it was before you used any such feature.

3 Likes

Not sure exactly what you mean? The log reports we collect from your session contain all the data we need that is printed into the logs.

All alert we get in the corner, should have a place in game, where you can read them rule by rule; by categories. So, if they expire, our you clean the alert bulbs. You can look them up as a player. In a list-view, as a menu with tabs for each category of alerts.

1 Like

Any plans to make the planned ambulance flights modable as new business type @Olof?

1 Like

We’re still evaluating that feature, not yet sure if we’ll be able to implement it in fitting way so for the time being I cannot say.

6 Likes

Ok great for that quick answer.
Would be great as there are many ambulance airlines across the world.

1 Like

Otherwise if it’s not going to be own ambulance flights, you could also do just medical emergency landings as random event.

Any airline and plane type you have active on your map could ask unexpected for a medical emergency landing.
You must then assign a gate. It arrives, an ambulance goes to that gate, maybe a stair truck is needed and it maybe needs refuel. After that, it leaves again.

2 Likes

Might it not just be ambulance flight, but flights that declare an emergency that require an ambulance/police to meet on arrival at either the gate or stand? @Olof Can be either a regularly scheduled flight or a 7700.

1 Like

We will take a deep dive into emergencies in the next dev blog! :wink:

7 Likes

I can’t wait for the next dev blog and update. :slight_smile: Weird thing, hope it includes a fire dump to train firefighters!

5 Likes

I can’t wait !

1 Like

And news about the negotiation part as well? :wink:

1 Like

Not sure what you mean, that was detailed in a previous dev blog (151) and was mentioned in 152 that it’s completed and ready for testing.

3 Likes

Hey Olof, i am very sure that you caused a hype with the news about it and maybe a screenshot of it will be published here or can you tell a little bit more about it?
can the airlines reject offers and then are not interested for a certain period of time or something like that?

2 Likes

alright, where are achievments haha :joy:

2 Likes

I’m wondering if we ever see the vacuum trucks for the septic tank cleaning in this game before it comes final.
I mean there are still parts of this feature in the JSON files.

3 Likes