Custom Security

I am indeed only talking about an ID check by the boarding personnel, not an authorities ID check :smiley:.

Have indeed already experienced this with Ryanair, but also with a lot of other airlines. It indeed really depends on the airline.

This however doesnā€™t change anything for the in-game simulation, as the visual and technical procedure in-game would still stay the same whether or not thereā€™s an ID check at the boarding desk. (Itā€™s not worth coding that if an airline does an ID check, it takes slightly longer for each passenger to board)

What do people think about the complexity of these issues?

Is adding in free travel areas just going to overly complicate the game?

I think that there should just be international and domestic flight and not worry about free travel areas. For gamers who are not from Europe (other free travel areas may exist) to get them to understand what they would have to build and staff would be overly complex on a system that otherwise be easy to use.

Additionally the game code would have to know where you put your airport and then calculate how each flights point of origin would effect the requirements. Having just two systems would be easier to code and quicker to get into the game.

2 Likes

I suppose that the system will have to be in place anyway. If we take the US and as example (easiest example) the game knows you build on US soil and will generate flights that remain on US soil as well as international flights. The player can initially operate domestic flights until a passport control has been build, after which they can also serve international flights.

If we then take our example to The Netherlands, the same system would be used with the exception that instead of only Dutch flights counting as domestic, flights within the Schengen zone would also be classified as ā€˜domesticā€™. Same system but with a single exception.

3 Likes

I fly since years at least four times a month without ever taking a passport with meā€¦(not Ryanair, though) nobody wants to see it.

I also think that a differentiation between domestic and international flights is enough.

If something like a free travel area within Europe is included I would suggest a simplification, i.e. that for all flights within Europe in a geographical sense a passport control is not needed and therefore abstracting from the schengen-area. Of course then there is the question what to do with Russia or Turkeyā€¦

I think that this also has some gameplay potential:
You could have specific airlines or international planes requiring stricter security controls like a bodyscanner instead of only a metal detector. Or airlines/flights may only offer you the contract if you have carry-on luggage facilities (Bag scanner).
The checked-in luggage could also receive a rework as part of these feature implementations. For some airlines you may only need the normal baggage scanner, but others would require more security (secondary baggage scanners or even manual scanning).
Or you simply get an airport security rating which influences the kinds of airline contracts you get.
Currently different security systems are just decorative. (And there are quite a few bags going to the baggage crushing machineā€¦)

It would be nice to have a separate build for customs arrivals, and departures, only thatā€™s what is missing.

Goodluck in the next update with large security!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.