Cosmetic v Stability

I am not here to buss balls (that could mean any interpretation based on your imagination).

An exciting time when you can help each other via social media. Especially when this game is out. I don’t know how many other game fans on other Early Access games implement a percentage of their ideas onto a game that they enjoy playing but I can say this is a great time to do that.

A lot of people on here I see are more worried about cosmetic changes, e.g. item packages, saturation, people models, etc. but that does not help the stability of the game.

What I’m asking of the community, is:

Would you rather have stability e.g. crushed bugs, working game, improved micromanagement, improved cpu usage early on or would you rather have cosmetic changes e.g. improved graphics, improved models of objects.

I would rather see stability first but let me know below.

Thanks.

kidd_buu

2 Likes

Vote: stability.

Secondly; better path-finding algorithm

I would prefer cosmetic changes, ie. lots of different furniture items, lights, shop items etc also airside items like storage facilities, cargo, hanagars fire station etc that way way building small terminals and airports over and over again will still remain fun. Basically would like to see the forum ideas implemented.

Sorry for being pessimistic here but I doubt a game that hits 3 fps on a medium size airport barely taking up one tile, after already had a few optimisations, will ever hit 60fps in the same scenario. Just cut the loses with performance and focus on making small airports fun to build and play, with the right items and ideas they can be as fun as huge featureless airports we have now.

stability

1 Like
  1. Stability & Usability (although so far, game is stable for me), but UI needs work.
  2. New Mechanics & Existing Mechanic Improvements.
  3. Everything else (polishing of graphics / new content packs etc)
1 Like

Adding a table and a couple of chairs is not really an issue as the developers have said, so it wouldn’t affect other more important work.

This is where I come in and is basically how I rolled into this position.

Olof and Fredrik are working hard to optimize the game and have been making big improvements.
However this meant that they couldn’t be adding too much new stuff in the game, as artwork takes times, which they rather spend on hunting down the bugs and making the game run smooth.

I’m here to make sure you guys still get new graphics/designs/models (or whatever you’d like to call them).
Keep in mind that I’m not good at coding, so saying “have mitchell focus on coding instead of creating atwork” wouldn’t work, i probably break more than i’ll be able to fix.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.