Cargo planes, own airline company

Hello guys,
I must say I really love this game. I think it has some good potential which I hope the devs will use.
I am playing this game for last 3 days and I can not stop.

Anyway I was thinking about some ideas that crossed my mind today.

1/ Cargo, Cargo planes, Cargo transport - > So I was thinking are there some plans for cargo planes and cargo transportation ?
I think it should be not so hard to implement as devs can use the current mechanics and modify them a little.
Like for Cargo planes I think there is mainly art need to have textures of planes without side windows.
Cargo could use the current art of wooden box and maybe create some iron boxes too.
Cargo Conveyor belt , I think you can use here your baggage system which I quite like. So we can use the Conveyor belt that is for baggage and use it for those wooden/iron boxes that would behave as cargo.
Drop off / Pick up places , here again there is already a system for contract workers where the boxes are delivered by trucks for them. So maybe you can use this and made id that it would pick up some cargo/boxes too.

2/ Our own Airlines - > I know this game is mainly about airport construction and airport management. But could the devs add some bonus like creating and managing our own airlines ? Like you will get some e-mail from the mayor of nearest city ( where your airport is placed ) that there is some bankrupt airlines and he would be very glad if you can take over them bcs you achieved some goal like serving xxx number of passengers , serving xx medium to heavy airplanes, or have xxx amount of money or have xxx amount of satisfaction with your airport.
So we would be able to create / modify the bankrupt airlines and buy some airplanes, make some negotiations with other airports around the world for our new Airlines.
This could be another in-game money sink as we would need to pay for maintenance of the airplanes, fees for having our planes on different airports, paying for food that is serving on board, maybe setting the price for the tickets.

Ok sorry for long post. But those two ideas really crossed my mind and somehow are not going away from my mind/brain. I think those two ideas could be implemented in the game and could expand on play time and fun in the game.

Thank you for your time and all the best to the devs and to you all in year 2018

3 Likes

Just wanted to let you know, for future reference, the moderators do not like posts with multiple topics. But I do agree with you on cargo airlines. The devs said that they were going to develop that eventually.

2 Likes

Happy to hear you like the game.

Cargo is definitely a planned feature!
Tho no details on how this will work and when this will be released.

First step is to fix pathfinding to reduce lag

3 Likes

Hi, welcome to the forums… :slight_smile:

Here is some interesting reading on the subject…

As for the airline idea, I’m not sure it would really fit into Airport CEO…
Maybe the next game though! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you guys for your replies. I think this game has such a big potential. Really like it.

4 Likes

If you want to manage airlines, then Airline Tycoon is your game. The characters may be a bit cartoonish, but, as many reviewers have stated, underneath, it is a serious business sim. I’ve spent several hundred hours with it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.